cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hiker

Wash your clothes

So my quit date was Feb 1st and it was suggested somewhere to wash the clothes you smoke in. I knew there were some right off the bat ( my cordory coat and robe.) and other clothes I sniffed at to decide. 3 days later I put on a vest to hiking and while driving to the trailhead all I could smell was old tobacco. On one hand it stunk and was disgusting. On the other hand it reminded me of what  I used to do after hiking so it was a surprise trigger.  As soon as I got home I sniffed a few more clothing items that I overlooked because as a smoker they didn't smell but as a non smoker they did. So lesson learned.....wash ALL the clothes.

Tags (1)
16 Replies
DonnaMarie

Agreed! Wash those clothes. Every once in a while, I'll get a sniff of smoke  on something  and toss it into the laundry basket. 

Congrats on your quit and clean clothes!

Donna

Day 51

0 Kudos
SaraPeach

I've noticed the same thing! It smells gross but at the same time can be triggering! I love to hike, too! I need to wash my hiking jacket again to get the smoke smell out.

JACKIE1-25-15

All of them.  This will keep you very busy. 

elvan

LOVE THAT IMAGE JACKIE1-25-15‌...I used to have a clothes line but have not been able to figure out how to install one on this house, I can't begin to tell you how much I miss it.  I cannot walk in the yard, it is too uneven and filled with my husband's obstacles so the line has to be from what would be the second floor...it used to be connected to our deck on the old house with pulleys to a tree...the pulleys are still on the tree but have to figure out how to attach more to the little wooden railing I have on this house and then find a way to get to the pulleys on the tree.  Will have to figure something out...maybe my son or one of his friends could do it.  

YoungAtHeart

I KNOW how much you miss it!  I figured out how to hang mine out halfway through a very large backyard on CRUTCHES. I was very careful to only take out what I could carry in a bag from my shoulder, and would keep the crutches under me while I pinned them up. Before all my injuries,   I was even known to shovel a path out there if there was snow on the ground and it was going to get above 32 (although I always kept a wary eye out for the "Men In White Coats" that a neighbor might have called!).

There is nothing on earth that smells as good as clothes that have dried with fresh air and sunshine.  A friend of mine tried to tell me that they make dryer sheets that smell like that---ah, no!

elvan

YoungAtHeart   No they do not, if they did, I would not want them anyways...it's the outside thing that is magical.  Some day, I will send you photographs of the yard and the tree and the house...there is just no way that it would be safe.  I can't walk out there, it's full of holes and Mike's crap...he hates when I call it that but I call it worse sometimes.  He has two...TWO full size metal file cabinets out there in the rain and the snow and whatever and they are so rusted that they are ridiculous.  He also has a large showcase he bought and left out there that is falling apart.  Our yard is like a cemetery for useless things.

YoungAtHeart

I so agree, and am so sorry about your yard.