cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SuzyQ411

WHAT DO YOU PUT ON YOUR HOTDOGS ???

Tonight I had a delicious hotdog..one of those Hoffman's with crispy skin made by that German company in Syracuse, New York.

And, I took the opportunity to try something new to "dress it" with. I usually use mustard and sweet relish. But, awhile back someone on the EX --  whom I can't remember now -- spoke of how she always put coleslaw on her dogs. So that's what I did tonight. And, you know what? It was really quite good!

So..... what do you put on your hotdogs?? 

47 Replies
Maki

Sometimes mustard only , sometimes-mustard and  relish , sometimes HP sauce but my farorite is rhubarb relish .. Now I think I'll try coleslaw . Not sure I'd like coleslaw on my hot dog , but a side absolutely . Yum . 

SuzyQ411

I'm interested Maki‌.. what is HP sauce? Also, never heard of rhubarb relish.. although I love rhubarb. Will have to look up a recipe for that and give it a try next year when the rhubarb's up!

0 Kudos
marciem

I'm not Maki, but here's HP Sauce at Amazon.  I wonder if it is similar in flavor to A-1 Steak Sauce???  Maybe Maki knows?

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Brown-Sauce-Original-Foods/dp/B0042KDDJO/ref=asc_df_B0042KDDJO/?tag=hyprod... 

pastedImage_2.jpg

SuzyQ411

Thanks for the info @marciem.. will look it up! ~Suzy

0 Kudos
Maki

Rhubarb Relish 

2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb.
2 cups finely chopped onion.
2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar.
1 cup vinegar.
1 teaspoon salt.
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice.
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.

HP sauce known as a Horse power we always call it cause it has a kick ... it's an acquired taste , spicy , think there is worchester in it ,  molasses , vinegar .. it goes nice with meat products but like I say it's not everyone's taste . Didn't like it as a kid , do now .. also love horse radish .. never did as a kid . 

SuzyQ411

Thanks for the reciepe Maki‌... I will definitely plan to make this in the spring!! 

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

Brown Spicy Mustard  and Sauerkraut is my favorite

I only seem to eat hotdogs when we grill out so I usually put whatever is out on the out on table

I'll have to try coleslaw

SuzyQ411

That sounds treally good Carl! Cousin-Itt

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

It varies - I like mustard and dill relish or chili and cheese topped with chopped onion.   I grilled some chicken sausages last night and had with mustard and sauerkraut.