cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

angeleyes

WARN ALL FEMALES ........

Hay guys i was looking at some stuff on line and found these ! i dono how true they are but something told me to post it ......

WARN ALL FEMALES

Bottled water in your car.....very dangerous, woman!!!! This is how Sheryl
Crow got breast cancer. She was on the Ellen show and said this same exact
thing. This has been identified as the most common cause of the high levels in
breast cancer, especially in Australia

A friend whose mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. The Doctor
told her: women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.

The doctor said that the heat and the plastic of the bottle have certain
chemicals that can lead to breast cancer. So please be careful and do not drink
bottled water that has been left in a car, and, pass this onto all the women in
your life. This information is t he kind we need to know and be aware and just
might save us!!!! T he heat causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the
water and they have found these toxins in breast tissue. Use a stainless steel
Canteen or a glass bottle when you can!!!

LET EVERYONE WHO HAS A WIFE / GIRLFRIEND / DAUGHTER KNOW, PLEASE!

Most on-the-go water bottles are made of polycarbonate (recycle #7).

Bisphenol A, or BPA, is used to manufacture polycarbonate and can leach out of the container and into the water (or other liquid). Heat increases the rate of leaching, as can cleaning with harsh detergents or using it to carry acidic drinks (i.e., Coke, lemonade, etc). Note: Washing bottles in a dishwasher exposes them to both harsh detergents and heat simultaneously.

BPA mimics estrogen and disrupts the body's normal estrogen production. Scientists have been finding that endocrine disrupters like BPA can impair the reproductive organs of rats and mice, reduce sperm counts in rats, and bring about changes in tissue that resemble early-stage breast cancer, among other effects.

Most at risk are people with developing endocrine systems: pregnant women and newborns, followed by young children, and women who might get pregnant.

On the up-side, polypropylene (#5 PP), high-desity polyethylene (#2 HDPE), and low-density polyethylene (#4 LDPE) are not known to leach any chemicals into water and are considered safe.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
edith2

Thank you so much for your information Angel! I never buy bottled water.....I fortunately live in a state where the water is perfectly safe to drink. I think it's a waste of money. Whenever I come home from driving cab, I pour the water I haven't drank down the drain. I like drinking fresh from the tap water with ice. This is a very good topic you wrote since alot of us drink lots of water when we quit smoking.
0 Kudos
isabelle

i've heard it before too.do you remember how the fda figured out that certain baby bottles had the same hazard? so of course water bottles as well. also do not microwave things with seranwrap on it as a cover ( so you're microwave doesn't get blasted) instead place a paper towel over it or nothing.i got that bit of info in an email that also said lots of foods are cancer causing agents like milk,candy and red meat. nice huh? we try and try to quit the leading cause yet we still run the risk from what we eat and drink.
0 Kudos