cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jackie4

WANTING TO QUIT Bad!!!

Have been through this once and right to go ahead and be finish for real this time
0 Kudos
10 Replies

For Real!

Those are the key words.

We have to get real with ourselves to quit smoking.

For Real!
0 Kudos
kristen26

Hi! My name is Kristen and am just starting this program with high hopes. The problem is i am a Nursing student and study for long hours so i use smoking to stay up and study plus for stress relief. I am going to use the nicotine patch i think and my quit date is 9/8/08. Good luck to everyone else trying to quit and if you have any tips let me know.
0 Kudos
kristen26

Hi Linda thanks for your help. My husband doesn't smoke either and hates its. I really love smoking and driving so it will be one of the hardest times for me. I thought this weekend I could clean my car and freshen it up so I can go ahead and quit while driving. How long have you quit? Did you gain alot of weight b/c I've already gained about 30 lbs b/c of school and the last time I quit smoking. I dont have a lot of spare time to workout and things. I really shouldnt gain any more either. lol If you know any tips, I appreciate them.
0 Kudos
charlena

I wanna be finish also but I keep going on my binges.
0 Kudos
charlena

Hi Jackie same here it feels like there is hardly no support from the to many people on this site. So lets try to do this I don't understand the program that well so I kinda been on and off with it but I could sure try to hang in there with some one to talk to. Thanks for responding Jackie ! I'm just going to keep really going to hang on now. It does not seem like the commericial on tv!
0 Kudos
charlena

Hi Jeannie . You are saying I came to the right place what kind of progress have you made here?
0 Kudos
charlena

How long have you been smoking?
0 Kudos
jennie3

I smoked for 16 yrs I began at 14 I had my first cig at about 11.I quit 7 days before my 30th b-day
0 Kudos
charlena

When I started the program I guess I was in a hurry because I was still working and I did not pick a end date. For two weeks I've been laid off and I wanna commit now but it seems that everyone already has their own groups set up . But I'm still here so I really must want to stop!
0 Kudos