cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rallymike

Vent

i just want to vent and say how much i hate quitting!  I am feeling anxious and hyper. I am taking Chantix so that probably has something to do with it. I quite last Thursday night, had Friday off and the weekend as my first couple of days of quitting. It went pretty well. Today was first day back at work and that was ok. I was able to deal with the urges to smoke - I did deep breaths, took a walk around the building. Talked to myself in the car, telling myself "I am a non-smoker. I dont want to die gasping for air. I dont want my daughter to tell me things like smoking means I dont want to live long enough to see her children.  But home tonight has been very rough. right now i want to get up and go buy a pack of cigarettes.

Sorry for the buzzkill! I'll be ok, I have a smoke cessation class tomorrow. Just helped to write and b**** a little!

Tags (1)
23 Replies
rallymike

yes indeed! thanks so much!

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 7:13 AM Barbscloud <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos

You're gonna have those days Mike it's just the nature of the beast. But you're working it so you have that going for ya along with the attitude needed to do this right. Never stop coming here when you need to b***h or need help. We'll be here.

M n @ Signature 002-5.JPG

rallymike

i was surprised how much it helped to write on site and get replies back!

thanks for the support!

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 7:51 AM Mike.n.Atlanta <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

maryfreecig

OK! You broke through a major crave, found support and got past it. Way to go. Keep it coming.

0 Kudos
Florflor

I  completely understand you.  Go and take that puff but do not surrender. Do not ever think in any way that you will not defeat that nasty habit. Keep your desire to stop. Don't feel guilty... But  please.  Don't wate to long to stop...

0 Kudos
rallymike

Thank you!

Michael Relihan

0 Kudos
indingrl

Yahoooooo and good job taking care of YOU..... i loved to VENT too and MY REALITY at times is VERY painful and IT IS OK to vent .... Vent.... Vent.... and remain TRUE TO SELF.... Way tp go and thank you so much for HELPING ME to know i am NOT ALONE AND IT IS OK TO BE REAL AND TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE!!! GOOD JOB!!!

0 Kudos
elvan

How are you doing, Mike?  I really hope that you are feeling stronger..

0 Kudos
rallymike

nope, bought a pack last wednesday night. smoking. sucks.

0 Kudos
elvan

rallymike‌ Start over as soon as you can...it really does get easier once you have been "smober" for a while.  We are here, before you smoke...blog and put the word HELP in the subject, we will try to talk you down from that cliff.

Ellen