cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WhispersQSMB

Vaping is just as bad for your heart as smoking cigarettes as researchers warn e-cigarettes are NOT safer than tobacco

• Public Health England claims e-cigarettes '95% safer than traditional tobacco'
  • But US research has found they reduce heart's blood flow as much as cigarettes 
  • Also trigger changes in cholesterol and glucose levels linked to deadly condition

Vaping is just as dangerous for your heart as smoking cigarettes, researchers warn | Daily Mail Onli... 

US is warning the people not to smoke ciggs and not to vape . England is telling their people it's(vaping) 95% safer.

Addiction to nicotine... 

I choked when i was vaping, my friends choke while vaping still.

N O P E for me

Labels (1)
50 Replies
quit4eva

For me and i asked you not to mention me again. [Unnecessary comment removed]

Edited by Mark‌: Edited for personal attack. Please ensure you lead with kindness this is a support community.

0 Kudos
WhispersQSMB

5 people commented on this post, its clear .. Back on track

• But US research has found they reduce heart's blood flow as much as cigarettes 
  • Also trigger changes in cholesterol and glucose levels linked to deadly condition

Im not recommending inhaling nicotine into the lungs via a device over a cigarette as an alternate way to quit. Use the patch or gum and contact your state to see if you can get them for free. in NY they give out free to those that qualify

quit4eva

At a little over 5 months i still battle the cravings. My quit has not been easy. Not everyday but stress related and traffic. I see people vaping and its tempting 

indingrl

Thanks for info

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

WhispersQSMBBarbscloudquit4eva

We're here for one goal. To get people to quit Smoking, vaping, chewing etc.  This is a great community with an amazing purpose. There is some emotion here and strong feelings and sometimes things get misunderstood and the focus gets shifted off the goal.

I think there has been some misunderstanding here. All three of you have value here but we can't have this type of drama as it creates an environment not conducive to helping new quitters feel confident in having their quit journey here.

I'm going to be going through the comments in the morning and moderating as necessary to remove the unnecessary name calling and attacks. We're all unique and have our own opinions and those differing opinions make this community diverse and beautiful.

In the future please don't resort to personal attacks or name calling of any kind. If you feel attacked or someone else is attacked or there is content that is questionable. Don't respond to it. Just mark it as abuse and I'll take a look in an impartial way. I take retaliation and defensive comments seriously.

Have a good evening. For now I'm locking this thread until I can sort things out.

Update 11/13/19: All comments are moderated.

Here are some additional ideas on how interactions can go better in the future.

• If someone asks for you to not respond or mention them. Honor their request. If they continue to @mention or reply to you, mark it as abuse and I'll take care of it.
  • From time to time people do hit "reply" on the wrong comment and so it looks like they're replying to someone they didn't intend to reply to or some people reply to the root post when they intend to respond to one person. Ask for clarification, they can then explain if it was a mistake.
  • If you're responding, look to see who you're responding to and make sure you're responding to who you're intending to respond to. 
  • If someone has responded to you but it looks like they intended to respond to someone else, give them the benefit of the doubt or ask for clarification. Don't assume they're being combative.
  • Use the quote button when responding so people know what you're responding to.
  • If you're responding in general start with @all. If you're responding to an individual, @mention them.

For right now I'm going to leave this thread locked. I think it is an interesting discussion but it got unnecessarily off-course.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm unlocking this thread I look forward to an ongoing constructive discussion if others want to comment.  If it gets off-course again I'll lock it again and it will remain locked.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
intervention

The article has been totally refuted (e.g. The Rest of the Story: Tobacco and Alcohol News Analysis and Commentary )  At most it proves that mice shouldn't vape.

When studies seem to conflict you have to go with the preponderance of evidence. In this case the overwhelming research continues to show that vaping is a relatively safe, evidence-based tool for smoking cessation. Not the best tool...not the only tool....but one that works for millions of smokers who can't seem to quit any other way. I am happy for all smokers who quit, regardless of how they do it. 

0 Kudos
quit4eva

The blog from this guy is sketchy. Thank you for sharing 

0 Kudos
quit4eva

I read the comment and i see its not to me but i have a good question for Mark. Mark told me the site doesn't support E-cigg or vaping yet articles supporting them are allowed? So if i use them and get sick i can sue mayo clinic? Or anyone that comes across this. I think 

J Taylor Hays, MD posted a blog on here against the use? 

0 Kudos