cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

UPDATE 11/12/18 Prayer request

My friend desperately needs prayers this morning.  She is in the hospital having surgery to remove a large kidney stone too big to zap it to break it up.  She's had so many surgeries through her stomach and back she really can't lay on her stomach but they had to get the tube in her back and wrapped around the stone in order to remove it.  Today is the surgery to get the stone out. I know for a fact it will be very difficult for them and will take a while. Hopefully I can talk to her later this evening.  For now let's send her loving light to help her through.

Tags (1)
22 Replies

Praying for your Friend!

Mandolinrain

How did her surgery go? I pray she's okay. She's blessed to have you as her friend

anaussiemom

Prayers sent
roses-desi-glitters-59.gif

elvan

Any news on your friend?

minihorses

UPDATE: my friend's surgery.  I spoke with my friend yesterday. I wanted to give her a chance to rest after surgery.  She was uncontrollably crying because she was in so much pain and the doctor wouldn't give her anything stronger than dilaudid which doesn't treat pain better than aspirin does for the both of us.  She was told that they were releasing her last night!  Did they not notice the fact that she's in a wheelchair?   Did they miss knowing she has to use her arms to get the wheelchair to move?  Were they oblivious to understand that she has to push herself out of the wheelchair just to go to the bathroom?  It seems to me that knowing full well that she has had 6 amputations, including a leg below the knee, and spina bifida, that they might give her something that would work better than dilaudid! I don't why but her dad only came down from Delaware yesterday to help out and then went back up today.  He used to live next door with his sorta girlfriend'.  He moved to DE a few months ago so she's at home alone most of the time.  Her son is 20 y.o. and lives at home but works almost full time.  The problem here is that her son doesn't have his driver's license only his permit.  He can't afford a car or insurance but is trying to save enough money for them.  We always try to take care of them to the best of our availability so taking her son from/to work and provide any running errands is no problem most of the time.  I just talked to her and she's doing a little better but not able to move around much, not even in bed.  

Please keep her in your prayers and pray hard. She needs the Lord's light  to get through this!

Julie

elvan

Sending prayers, Julie.  I cannot believe that neither of you get relief with dilaudid...it knocked me out when I had my lung surgery, that was the first time I ever had it.  It certainly does not sound like they did reasonable discharge planning for her.  The hospital social worker should get reprimanded for that and if she is not getting pain relief, she should make sure that the doctor is aware and can at least CONSIDER changing it to something else.  Is she giving herself shots?  I am not aware of it being available in anything other than an injectable form...then again, it's been a while since I worked as a nurse.  There are so many medications out there these days and many of them are patches...but doctors are so concerned about prescribing anything these days that the people in real need of powerful medication are being denied what they need.  I am so sorry she is going through this...saying prayers for her and for you, she is lucky to have such a loving friend.

Hugs,

Ellen

minihorses

I was asking her if she asked for morphine for at least one day just to get her out of screaming pain to let her rest.  She asked, they of course said no.  God forbid they use that for anything other than a person who's dying.  Hydrocodone doesn't do much to ease our pain either.  Hell, I hate that stuff because it makes me hyper of all things.  Between her spina difida and osteomylitis from which she's always in pain at least bearably, this is really, really hard.  I'm headed to the kitchen to start making dinners for them and will take them over later today.  I'll keep you all updated, please KEEP PRAYING for her.

elvan

Prayers continuing, Julie.  I am so sorry she is going through this...and sorry that you are as well.

Love,

Ellen

ShaunMalik

I thought that it would be something that I could pray for, but, I'm sure she's alright by now. Oh well 

Ms. Shaun Malik God Bless!

elvan

Any updates, Julie?  Thinking of you and of her and still saying prayers.