cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jacquel

UMMMMMM This is MY eigth try......

Yes ...sad but true. Nicotine is my demon. I am going cold turkey. NO NICOTINE. Tried the Gum, The patch, the inhaler, the Wellbutrin and then I read about Cold turkey...what a novel idea, since on a scale of addictive substances Nicotine is 100 and crack cocaine is 68!!!! We don't tell crack users to chew cocaine gum or put a bandaid on their arm....WHY? Well because WE must go through withdrawl SOMETIME and grin and screa :O) cry and eventually get throug it....people always ask me...Why can't you quit...you quit drinking alcohol at 22 (I'm 42 now) You gave up sugar (all forms) Junkfoods (SNACKIES) only eat 3 meals a day nothing in between, you can run...Lost 43 lbs after a thyroid problem was helped and YOU YOU why can't you stop the darn nicotine?

My answer is now discovered and this is now ME Quitting......not TRYING to quit becasue merely trying gives way to failure.....because if I failed then, I could say yes I was trying...I tried....on top of numerous self deceptive thoughts I would spurt out :O)

I am going to hug myself starting on 26 of Feb and maybe before that date..once I do...I will do it ONE day at a time and BE Kind to me!!!!

Thaks for listening!!!!!!!!!

pS the pic is a joke its me NOT real bruises but how I feel when I keep smoking...quitting..smoking quitting......beatin myself up!!!!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
hwc

I think eight is going to be the magic number!

Holler if you have any questions about cold turkey or whatever. I quit cold turkey almost by accident one year ago last week -- after 38 years of smoking. Stumbed on a cold turkey education site (www.whyquit.com) that got me through the first days of withdrawal. Honestly, it wasn't half as bad as I imagined it would be.

I think understanding the nature of the addiction and what you expect as you break free is the key to a successful quit. Education.
0 Kudos