cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DavesTime

Two Years!!!

Happy Two-Year Quittiversary to my fellow celebrants: JimboneJimbone and minihorsesminihorses!  I honestly couldn't imagine I'd be able to do this when I started this journey two years ago.  There have been some ups and downs, and the Covid-era work stresses earlier this year tried my resolve a few times, but I have been smoke-free for two years today.  Thank you to all of you who have supported and encouraged me, those who have offered their wise advice, and who have shared their own struggles, successes, and experiences.  And for those of you who are just beginning their journey to freedom...hang in there, because it gets so much better!

I AM 2 YEARS SMOKE FREE TODAY!!! Poster | DAVID | Keep Calm-o-Matic

27 Replies
mpnaegle

(((((indingrl‌))))) good to see you here too!!!!  

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulation DavesTime‌ I am really late with my congrats, not sure how I miss as much as I do but it happens.

mpnaegle‌ Congratulations on 4 months of freedom, that is absolutely wonderful, I am so proud of you both.

Ellen

mpnaegle

(((((Ellen))))) thank you so much!!!!!!  Almost through No Man's Land.  I can see a bright light at the end of this long dark tunnel. 

Hugs,

Mark

YoungAtHeart

mpnaegle 

Just keep heading straight ahead into that light!  No detours, ya' hear/!!!?

mpnaegle

(((((YoungAtHeart‌))))) no detours this time...this quit is IT. 

Hugs,

Mark

elvan

(((((Mark))))) You have no idea how happy this makes me.  I know you have struggled but you kept going. Good for you.

Hugs,

Ellen

Suzinut

Congratulations!!!!  I am only 2 days in and I can't even imagine the feeling you must have!  God bless!

DavesTime

Suzi, you can have it for yourself, too. I know that when I started my journey to freedom I couldn't imagine being free of my addiction. I had been "doing it for too long." It had become part of my life, my self-identity. I had tried and failed to quit more times than I could count. Having a lasting, permanent quit seemed as if it was on the other side of an impassable mountain. Except it wasn't!  Those early days can be such a struggle. BUT YOU CAN DO THIS!  Really, you can!  Stay the couse, read, post, share your struggles and your victories here, and call out for help if you feel you're about ready to cave in.  Thanks for the kudos! We are glad you are here!