cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ingenuenlove

Trying not to binge

Oh my gravy do I really want to binge heavily on food today.

Consumption since AM: English muffin, broccoli soup, carrots, more carrots, half of a raw zucchini, piece of cheese, now making kale chips and baked onions

Really want the Loaf of bread on the counter and KFC

I don't want a cigarette. Not craving one. Am trying to find the resolve that I have for quitting that to move over into other areas of my life.

AHHHHRRRGGGG

74 Replies
bonniebee

I realize many people say don't worry about the weight right now but I did and I understand how you feel about it .

you are doing A Good job with your food choices.

Continue with what you are doing and you will be fine .Stay away from KFC and all fast food places You are what you eat !     

Treat yourself a little but he wise it is much easier to put it on then to take it off as we all especially over 40 know !

love BB 

0 Kudos
desiree465

I worry about weight too. I don't want to quit smoking which is great for your health only to become obese which is just as bad for your health. I do however try not to beat myself up when I overindulge. I work out a ton, because that helps me with not smoking so it balances out any extra calories I eat. I think it's all about balance. I was at the gym for over an hour friday trying to work off the massive amount of candy I ate that day lol. Balance people, life is all about it!

YoungAtHeart

Actually, most people don't become obese from quitting smoking unless they were waaaay overweight to begin with.  And - being a bit overweight is not nearly as dangerous as smoking - period. 

Increase your exercise, sub healthy choices in between the bad and everyone should be fine.  You have a lot MORE energy AND time after your quit is well in hand to work on any weight gain.

Nancy

desiree465

I'm sorry I disagree (about obesity vs smoking not about a few pounds vs. smoking). I don't think substituting one health issue for anther is a wise decision. But that is just my opinion. I DO think people have to do what they have to do to protect their quit if that means putting on a few pounds ok then so be it. I just think we need to be careful that's all. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I agree - it's why I suggest subbing healthy in between the bad stuff, and increasing exercise.  Sorry not to have been clear!

0 Kudos
desiree465

Yes but a bag of kale chips just isn't as appealing as a basket of easter candy lol. I don't think I was being very clear either btw. 

0 Kudos

Portion control?

Buy the one ounce individual bags of chips 

You can get 50 bags for $12

They have individual jello's that are only 25 calories. Also, you can buy a can of low fat whipped cream to top them.

Frozen grapes are excellent

Tammyzhere

I did find my way to officially obese - 5'5" at now 180 lbs meets the criteria.

I have never been overweight.  I was 150 lbs when I delivered both of my kids

then returned to my regular weight of 120 ish.  I am not able to increase the exercise.

I do not have more energy.  I am into 6 months now so I'm at as starving as I was before

I have hope that I will eventually slim down.  It just hasn't happened yet. 

0 Kudos

How is it going now???????????????????

I caught a spring virus...Think it is a common cold........

So I made Hubby and myself a big pot of veggie,

chicken rice and noodle soup. As chicken soup does

truly help fight colds. We had a snow storm on Sunday.

Snow should be gone in ND. Now saying it will be below

normal temps. until at least 22 of April.

0 Kudos
ingenuenlove

Welp...Let's see...the weekend went ...just Ok. Not too bad but not entirely good.

I think I may have bought too much celery and need to freeze some now before it goes bad.

I was able to enjoy a mean out with my kiddo, did some retail therapy and played at Ulta where I justified spending a hundred buckw because I had saved in excess from not buying any cigarettes.

I ate chips and guacamole.

I did go for a walk with my dog a couple of times

Current situation:

I am sitting at my desk and have been "thinking" about lunch since breakfast.

0 Kudos