cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ingenuenlove

Trying not to binge

Oh my gravy do I really want to binge heavily on food today.

Consumption since AM: English muffin, broccoli soup, carrots, more carrots, half of a raw zucchini, piece of cheese, now making kale chips and baked onions

Really want the Loaf of bread on the counter and KFC

I don't want a cigarette. Not craving one. Am trying to find the resolve that I have for quitting that to move over into other areas of my life.

AHHHHRRRGGGG

74 Replies

Now Someone's Going To Be Starting A BMB Club.

Giulia

Binge away, say I, on carrots, zucchini, kale, (don't forget cukes), lettuce, if it's a raw vegetable - STICK IT IN YOUR MOUTH AT WILL!   I've actually been CRAVING food every since my colonoscopy a week ago.  I wonder why????  It's like they denied me EVERY FOOD AND DRINK I LOVE.  No raw vegetable at all (which I eat all day long), no red drinks, which are all the ones I like (lemon-lime, orange???? NOOOO!)  I always thought green tea was an appetite suppressant - been drinking it up the wazzooo - HASN'T HELPED AT ALL!!!  I guess I'm just starving to death.  And I want your recipe for kale chips.  KALE CHIPS???? how an they bad for you???  

YoungAtHeart

https://www.allrecipes.com/video/637/baked-kale-chips/?internalSource=picture_play&referringId=17695... 

They are really quite easy.........................except for getting the kale "very" dry after washing.

I'll still take chocolate anything - any day!!!

Giulia

I'm gonna have to try that.!  Thanks.

I'm going to stick with the "Dale" Chips.

curly-potato-chips.jpg

Gilamonster

52 DOF  for me,  still wear a size 4 jeans but not for long I have already gained 10 pounds and at 10 PM last night I was eating ice cream with chocolate syrup. 

YoungAtHeart

Don't diet early in your quit.  A few pounds won't kill you; smoking WILL!

You will have extra time and money to join a gym when your quit is well in hand.

What flavor ice cream was that??????

Gilamonster

My son gave me a peptalk tonight and said not to worry about the weight either.  So I bought a big box of malted milk balls and 4 tootsie roll pops.  Also ordered some of those hot cinnamon toothpicks one of the guys on this site said helps him. 

Hey I am protecting my quit date.

I went to my Youngest granddaughter’s baptism today and nobody there was a smoker, I was so proud to not be stinking like an ashtray.

And last week a friend who is a smoker told me I smelled good when I gave him a hug. It makes me happy to think that people can actually smell the essential oils I wear.

pir8fan

I have never heard of “Dale Chops”!

But, I have seen Chip and Dale!

And of course there are the Chippendale’s

And chippendale furniture