cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

chris129

Truckers and Couriers

Hi i'm chris i been smoking for 35 yrs up to almost 3 packs a day i really need help i tired the meds from doctor but seemed to smoke more on them. so how can u get this to work?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
danh

One thing I've done in the past to separate myself from smoking is that I never smoke while I'm physically behind the wheel. I put the pack somewhere in the sleeper where I can't just reach out and grab it. Then in order to smoke, i'll have to stop and dig it out. Keeps me from grabbing a smoke without thinking about it. Good luck driver. See you on OTR somewhere.

0 Kudos
brad8

Hi IM Brad ,smoked now for 10 yrs drove truck for 12. I drive dump truck locally hauling stone and sand . Im going on day3 right now . first two days were easier because didnt have no work now today a little ruff. I hauled 10 loads to same place all day and everytime I got in the truck I reached on the dash to get a cig, but i didnt have any. It sucks driving and trying to quit because every gas station ,truck stop ,and other stores have there signs right out there saying CAMEL CIGS $5.15 a pack ,and your like AHHHHHHH. Best thing I can tell you is dont have any on you and dont stop to get any.

0 Kudos
pattymint

I feel for ya.

Tell yourself over and over all the reasones why you hate cigs. Then tell yourself over and over why you will never take aother drag or puff off of one.

That is how I quit.

So far so good

you can do it...

0 Kudos
mater

JUST REMEMBER US LITTLE GUYS OUT THERE ON THE ROAD WHILE YOU ARE IN WITHDRAWAL!! LOL

WOW, DRIVING IS MY FAVORITE TIME TO SMOKE. i REALLY HATE THE WAY MY CAR STINKS. IT IS DISGUSTING.

PLEASE, PLEASE , PLEASE, DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE.

THANK YOU

MATER

0 Kudos
weckesser

Hang in there!  My husband is also a  truck driver and smokes approx 3 packs per day, one right after the other.  We both are attending a support group and our quit date is April 7th.  He has a heart problem on top of it all!  Driving all day long is very stressful, any ideas on what he can do to overcome the urges!   I want to encourage him as much as possible because this really needs to be a 'Team Effort", and I will of course have my own demons to fight off!  Any suggestions would be helpful

0 Kudos
Truckertom

Anyone else who drives truck actually quit?  I'm not sure how to drive and not smoke.  I need a change! I realize this is old but want to hear from my fellow road warriors.

Tom

TW517

We have another truck driver who joined recently.  Ladytrucker109  are you out there?

Truckertom

Thanks Tom

Tom

Hey I’m here

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 12:48 PM TomW5.15.17 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>