cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

Trekking deeper into No Mans Land

I haven’t a day count, but for the first week since I quit on December 1st, I REALLY want the real thing.  I’m so tired of thinking about it all the time.  I actually got up one morning wondering where my cigs and lighter were.  This is a tough phase.  The first month was easy compared to this.  Not even the NRT's seem to be helping.  I don’t want a cigarette, but I miss the what seemed an easy acclaimation I was having.  I know this is unique to eveyone, but I’m curious as to others ways of gettin thru this and how long it lasted.  I finally got a copy of Allen Carr's book too.  Won’t help m no think about it, but I do hope to find some inspiration in it although he’s a cold turkey advocate.  Thanks in advance.  The sweats and anxiety are the worst and fatigue.  

17 Replies
elvan

I think you are doing GREAT and I, too, sense that you have made a LOT of progress.  Getting through this phase is like getting through the beginning.  I thought about NOT smoking all the time, I think I remember telling you to pray and get on your knees to do it...then you told me that getting on your knees is not an option.  I did find that praying helped me and I said the Serenity Prayer over and over and over again.  This is a journey and your recovery is a process...it's not something you can RUSH.  It has its own schedule and we have to follow it.

Hugs,

Ellen

KMC56

I prayed, medicated,  prayed the rosary..Looked for new recipes for dinner, walked the mall...etc!!!  Thought for sure I would end up in a straight jacket (in my head)!  

Thankful that my family was well prepared for this..and I am sooo over the moon happy and overjoyed that I went through one day at a time.

YOU WILL TOO!!

~Kathy 1005  DOF

Gwenivere

Thanks for your input.  I do feel I am going insane at times.  Lock me up!  I can’t believe the thoughts that come into my head.  I’m glad you have your family for support.  I’m alone except for this family on EX.  Congrats on hitting quadruple digits!   

DonnaMarie

2017_03_08_2.jpgIt may seem dumb, but these are helping me so much. I've been through 2 containers. I'm not sure how much more I will buy, but I use them liberally. I'm a few days behind you, but we're so close in time quit. Keep it up. Get past the BS parts. Make this quit yours and one day, I hope it becomes as second nature to us as smoking was. Smoking's not an option anymore, though

anaussiemom

Hm  do they taste good?    Heard it was great  for Blood Pressure?  IDK  Keep meaning to buy some and forget

0 Kudos
Gwenivere

Took me awhile to find a store that had them.  I haven’t tried them yet as I’m really relying on the nic lozenges when it gets bad.  They were suggested to me by a former smoker and he said they made you drool a lot.  I don’t imagine they have any sweet taste, maybe DonnaMarie knows.

Cac1993

Thank you for sharing. I’ve done better than I thought I would almost 2 weeks into quitting. I am still on Chantix. I wonder how this all goes as time goes on. I still want a cigarette after a meal, with my coffee and after work. Some days I forget I don’t smoke and reach in my pocket for a cigarette. I miss it but I also know I can never smoke, not socially, not just one because I don’t want to start this process all over. Please keep us informed I am curious to know if the cravings ever go away, do you just eventually not think of smoking at all? Good luck!

dljensen

Yes me too, so I use JR , mints, and life savers. I hope this works for you.