cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

teresa15

Tomorrows my quit date, can I do it!

Wow,tomorrow is here and I am beginning to have doubts. I am totally armed with what I need to go into the battle against smoking. I have the hard candy, the gum, the books to read, the crafts to keep my hands busy. I have taken the chantix for a week, and the smokes are really tasting gross. What is my problem, why do I feel like "maybe when the dose increases on the chantix tomorrow, it will be easier in the next few days". Am I ready to give it up? Do I get up in the morning and go to Universal Studios and keep busy with my family in the morning or do I stay home and fight this battle? How do I get over the feeling of doubt that I can do it?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
teresa15

Thanks for your prayers Trisha. I know that God is helping me out on this one. On my way to the gym, on day one of my quit, all of a sudden I thought "Be not afraid,for I am with you". I know that was the Lord talking, why would I be thinking that on my own? I said "Lord I know that with your help I can do this." So far so good, halfway through day two. I have to say its been painless.
0 Kudos
tana

I was once told that you have to take one day at a time and go from there. That is all that you can do, that is all that is expected of you. But you can quit! There are so many people out there that have done this and with the websites that they have out there, you will also have the support that you need to do this. You are not alone out there is this vision that seems impossible to complete.
0 Kudos
betty10

Teresa - Of course you can do it. It's time to allow yourself to regain control rather than being controlled.
0 Kudos