cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

2019steph

Tomorrow it is.

Hello everyone. My quit dates tomorrow. I'm 28 and have been smoking 14 years. This is one of so many quits in this last year (before this last year I was pregnant, and TBH I snuck hits in here and there during the pregnancy until about 4 months postpartum when I full blown stated again and that makes feel like a POS). I'm going through another spurt of strength or motivation and I'm trying to capitalize on it once again. I live with my 19 month old daughter and my boyfriend of eleven year's. He's a smoker too but has no plans to quit. I find that the evening is one big trigger. He gets home, I get the baby to sleep and then start studying and doing homework. Those three things really set my mind into smoking mode I can literally make it until 330 pm before the cravings come and I cave. When I go out on errands I'm good too until I get home. Going to my moms is trigger but I go there very, very often (she doesn't smoke but growing up in that house smoking and drinking it's a familiarity thing). And even if keep myself busy I'm afraid my 'break' will be a cig. What were your best breaks that you replaced with smokes? I really just want to be free, I don't want to beat myself up everyday and night anymore, I don't want to do it anymore. My self esteem is so low because I've just been kicking myself for being to weak to quit for years. I feel like until I quit I can't prove to myself that I can do anything right. I'm really struggling with my image as a mom and trying to balance work, school and family just feels like everything I do is not good enough or right in the first place. I feel like quitting will open a new level of mental clarity so I can focus on finding what makes life full. Sorry for the rant.

10 Replies
Barbscloud

Don't beat yourself up about smoking.   We're human and we make mistakes.  Instead celebrate your decision to quit.  You've prepared for the day, so you're ready.  Reach out if you need support.  We're here for you and cheering you on.

Barb

0 Kudos