cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kris13

Tomorrow is my quit day!!

Wish me luck, I'm both excited and nervous. I'm starting a new job tomorrow as a child therapist, and I told myself a long time ago that if I wound up working with kids (which has been my dream), I would NOT smoke anymore.
So here we go!! Glad to be a part of the community again!
0 Kudos
8 Replies
jennie3

GOOD LUCK!!! Let us know how everything goes you can do it! Stay strong and positive.
0 Kudos
polly2

Way to go Kris!! We're all here to support you!! Keep on posting and let us know how you are doing! Congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking!!!
0 Kudos
kris13

Thanks so much guys!! I'm encouraged by all the fast support!! I don't know if I'll have access to the site during the day tomorrow, but I'll keep you posted for sure in the evening! 🙂
0 Kudos
jennie3

you are welcome yes let us know how your 1st day goes
0 Kudos
chris36

Good luck Kris.
0 Kudos
Abby3

Just wanted to chime in with support! Woo hoo! I will be sending you positive thoughts and strength throughout the day and every day! It is so great that you have made this decision and we will all be here to support you!! You can do this!!
Best wishes to you!
a
0 Kudos
neshama

Hi Kris -

Today is my quit date too - we count days together!

Today I'm remembering to drink loads of water...and to breathe and laugh...

Rock the quit!
0 Kudos
edith2

Hey Kris! How are you doing with your first day of quitting? I remember mine like it was yesterday. I went to Costco and bought a box of lozenges. As soon as I paid for them, I wanted to smoke real bad! The lozenges were packed in that hard plastic that you need the jaws of life to open! I asked a clerk in the store if I could borrow some scissors. I cut open those babies and started the lozenges right away! When I got home, I threw my cigarettes in the dumpster outside where I couldn't reach them. It was scary. I remember playing with one of those click pens and in minutes, I broke the pen. hahahahaha! It's not easy! But if I could go back in time 4 years I would go through it all over again. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. Every day I'm grateful to be a non-smoker. I don't cough anymore, I can go anywhere I want and not be nervous about no smoking areas, I could go on and on about all the benefits. You can do this! You're gonna love it.
0 Kudos