cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

little.mama

Today is my first day to quit. Im chicken!

Help! I'm not strong enough for this!

Tags (1)
38 Replies
little.mama

Thank you! I am strong enough,  but I keep having panic attacks! Help!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Did you experience panic attacks prior to quitting?  I've only had one in my life an they're very scary.  Try practicing some relaxation techniques--deep breathing, meditation (I watch Jason Stephenson on YouTube-he has a very calming voice. )

Barb

YoungAtHeart

Get rid of those cigarettes - NOW!  Put them under running water, smash them up and dump them in the trash.  Keeping them around is giving yourself permission to fail....why ELSE would you need them?!

little.mama

You are sooo right! I'm keeping a safety net and I know it! Grrrr!!!

MarilynH

How are you doing little.mama? I just wanted to check in with you and let you know that we're all here to help you in any way we can......

little.mama

I gave up and am starting my quit again. Grrr! I hate this addiction!!!!!!!

elvan

Take the time you need, make your plan but do NOT keep cigarettes around once you make up your mind, it has to be NOPE, NMW  Not One Puff Ever No Matter What!  You CAN do this.  You are not alone.

Ellen

0 Kudos
MarilynH

We are here for you stay close and read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT boy oh boy it's so worth it to be Free.....

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

little.mama‌  How are you?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team