cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

manda2

Today is my first day as a member..

I have been wanting to quit for sometime, yet like everyone else there is ALWAYS a reason not to quit. I believe the hardest thing for me is that I live so far away from my family and friends. My boyfriend of six years and I moved here to Florida a year ago, yet I still haven't been able to find any great friends out here. I find myself homesick a lot so I usually tell myself that is my reason for not quiting. Well I have decided that enough is enough, no matter what I will always miss my family and friends, and this smoking has to quit before we get married and start our family. So here I am. Today is my first day as a member. I have set my quit date for July 25th, with hopes to change the date earlier. So thats my story. I just thought I would introduce myself!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
angel6

Hey Manda!

Welcome! You came to the right place. You will recieve so much support here, and maybe make some great friends along the way! Great Job in setting your quit date. You can do it!
0 Kudos
manda2

Thanks. At first I when I saw the commercial I said NO WAY. Well this morning I had sometime on my hands and decided to see what it was all about. I do have to say I am completely impressed and have total faith in myself, with the use of this website I will be able to quit, and make new friends along the way.
0 Kudos
angel6

I feel the same way, I don't think I would have this much resolve to quit if it wasn't for this site. I look forward to sharing our stories!
0 Kudos
gwood004

Hello Manda. This is my 2nd attempt at qutting. Regarding my 1st attempt I tried to do it alone without a support system. I am new here also and I have found the members here to be caring and encouraging. It brings me a bit of solace to know that they are others out whom I can connect with and share our experiences along with our successes and failures. Good and I look forward to corresponding with you.
0 Kudos
manda2

Thanks Gwood. I will be here for you whenever you need. Even if you just wanna talk about things that have nothing to do with anything to pass the time. Yesterday was my first day to try doing without the Triggers, but today I found it harder. I think it was the thought of knowing that I needed to wait just a bit longer. I think people in my office might have thought I drank too much coffee because when I wanted to smoke I would go start a conversation with them. I am sure I made it almost impossible for them to get too much work done. I know once I make more friends on here it will be easier to pass time by talking on here. So thanks for the response and support, I hope that my words will also support you along this rocky road. As for your 2nd attempt, I am with you. I am not even sure if you could call my first attempt and attempt. It was more like, I smoke today, not tomorrow, okay lets smoke again today. HA HA. Keep in touch!
0 Kudos
marcia

Hi Manada,

This is my first day too. I'm really nervous about trying to break this habit that I've had for most of my life but I'm really going to through myself into the effort. None of my friends and family smoke any more and I feel like a damned fool for not making the effort sooner.

I haven't really set a quit date and will think about this realistically so I don't fall on my face.

WE can do this!! Marcia
0 Kudos