cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sheryl2

Today is it!!

I postponed my quit date two days and today is the day. I have gone through some major craving even though I am taking Chantix and unfortunately I also have a migraine. My plans were to go out and keep busy but instead I have been napping and resting. I just realized that I have been up for several hours now and it is supper time. I can do it....even if there is cravings. Wish me luck.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
monk

Best of Luck.:) Today is my 9th day. I think initially I had the cravings a bit. But later I didn't have them much. Another thing I realised we should not have smoking as any option at all At the end of day smokers would like to have a smoke after dinner. I kept myself busy in many ways for example gym, swimming, I am also trying some new cooking recipes ( bought a new cook book). Also I always keep a juice or water bottle around me. Whenevere i feel I need to do something I take a sip from the bottle.From time to time i check this site. Everyday lost of people join the forum. I get all these mails. It gives a very positive feeling that everyoen is trying to quit. I always think of the end state of staying smoke free: a better healthy lungs, ability to involve in powerful and exhaustive workout, being more fresh and energetic throughout the day, a happy and peaceful mind, spreading the happiness, controlled life , a feeling the I can control my life and in the end having a lot of solid confidence :).

You will find ur own motivations too 🙂 keep us posted and also keep reading other's posting.
0 Kudos
sheryl2

Thanks so much for your kind words. I am just about ready to go out for awhile this evening. Hopefully that is going to get my mind off this. When I have a migraine, I not only am immobilizied but I get stressed because I have one and this has proved to be a very hard day because of that. I don't think I would have been bothered so much if I could have been active.
0 Kudos
deborah-hicks

Bless your heart and yes you can do this... I am on day 11 or 12 but I rather look at it in cigs that I have not smoked so as of now I have not smoked 190 cigarettes.... ( It sounds better for my own ego I guess).. but really... Ilol lol ... Have a great evening, we are here if you need us.. Hang tough,, you can do this..
0 Kudos
sheryl2

Thanks so much Deborah. I am so happy for you and thinking of it in cigarettes sounds so much better, you are right. I went out for the evening to a stamping party and really didn't give it a thought the whole time I was gone. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully I will make it through with no slip ups. Keep up the good work yourself.
0 Kudos
sheryl2

Woo hoo Dewayne. Glad I have company. I did have some major cravings today but here it is bedtime and I am still sane......lol. I hope tomorrow is much better for both of us. Keep up the good work.
0 Kudos
laura2

Hi Cheryl...my quit date was scheduled for Thanksgiving but since I smoked up the cigarettes, I quit on the 18th. I'm using the patch and have done pretty well so far. I stopped for 5 years (over 20 years ago) and the biggest stress was the thought of not having a cigarette available if I really, really wanted one. So, back then, I carried an unopened pack in my purse for six months before I felt comfortable with letting them go entirely. This time, I felt the same stress just thinking about quitting. This time, I've kept an unopened pack tucked away in a drawer I rarely use. When the urge for a smoke hits me (out of habit), I look at the drawer and make a conscious decision not to smoke. I know that doesn't work for everyone, but it has been helpful for me. If I ever smoke again, it won't be out of habit. I will have to make a conscious decision to injure my health, to do something harmful to my family, to spend the money on an unwarranted expense, to pollute my home, etc. The migraines also went away. Good luck and hang in there.
0 Kudos
sheryl2

Hi Laura, I am like you.........I had 6 cigarettes left in my package and they are now in the trunk of my car. I have not yet had the desire to go out there and look at the cigarettes. With my 18th day almost finished, I think I am going to beat this demon.

Sheryl
0 Kudos
Kathy29

I hope your headache is gone. Wishing you all the luck in the world and hoping your first day wasn't as bad as you thought.
0 Kudos
ellie4

i get migraine also..... drink coffee is shrinks your blood vessels..... works for me
0 Kudos