cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

buttrfligyrl

Today is 1 week...and I'm SO tempted!

I just found this page thanks to a friend who quit a couple of months ago.  I've been a smoker for 16 years, my husband for 26 years.  We've quit together, and amazingly, we are BOTH still alive!!

We tried to quit several months ago and Day 4 became WW3, so we went at this very carefully.  We want to quit but we love our marriage more!  So now we're at one week..and I'm having some terrible cravings.  I keep thinking, just go buy 1 pack...have 1-2 and put the rest away. 

Ugh...1 week today and now I need some help!

Thanks!
Nicole

0 Kudos
7 Replies
neen

Nicole,

I haven't reached my quit day yet ... it is set for July 22nd...not sure if I will be much help at this point...but I do know what you  are going through.  I have tried to quit before.  Just remember the urge will pass, try to find something to do to get your mind off of the craving.  If you have made it one week...you are doing great...Good Luck...Hope to hear more from you later...hopefully still smoke free

0 Kudos

The best place for getting support right away is the Blogs (top of page).  That's where we all hang out.  If you write a blog, you will receive comments right away. You can also reply to other's Blogs.  This is where we exchange a lot of information and you get to meet everyone.  The forums and groups are less well attended.  You have come to the right place, we have success here, just at the Blogs:)  Hope to see you there.

0 Kudos
cliff7

Nicole,

If you go and buy that pack, that 1 or 2 smokes will turn into the whole pack. Keep yourself busy. Find something to do with your hands. D

0 Kudos
cliff7

Nicole,

If you go and buy that pack, that 1 or 2 smokes will turn into the whole pack. Keep yourself busy. Find something to do with your hands. D

0 Kudos
brenda61

Don't douse your optimistic outlook.  Go to the blogs and read and post your own frequently it helps. reach out and you will have strength in numbers. You are not alone. Best wishes

0 Kudos
cliff7

Continued.... Do a little house cleaning... go for a walk. I had some nicotine that needed to be cleaned from my walls. I`m 6 months this week smoke free. You can do this. You just need to find  what will work for you. Keep telling yourself, when you get those urges..." I can live without this." Every hour that passes turns into days which turns into weeks towards your smoke free goal. Good Luck!

0 Kudos
charlee072

Nicole

I am there with you today. It is also my one week smoke free. I did not really start to get the cravings till today. I too was tempeted to go and buy a pack several times today. I even watched someone smoking today and wanting to punch them in the face and steal their cig....thankfully I did not give in. I just keep reminding myself why I am quiting. I am going to be a grandmother in October and I want to be there for my kids and grandkids. So far reminding my self is working.

0 Kudos