cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Summer777

Today doesn’t feel like a DOF

I’m now 18 days into my quit.  I’ve had two really bad days in a row where I’m constantly craving.  I did stop chantix about 3 days ago.  It feels like withdrawal all over again.  It’s discouraging that it’s not getting easier like everyone says it will.  

19 Replies
Barbscloud

Congrats on your 18 days.   I understand why you wanted to stop the Chantix, but stopping it abruptly can cause withdrawal symptoms.  I suspect that's what's happening.  It's probably going to take a few days again.  

Staying busy and walking really helped me a lot.

Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barb

RoseH

I quit Cold Turkey because Alen Carr in his book entitled “The Easy Way To Quit Smoking” said that I would just delay my cravings by using Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)...  In my own humble opinion, it all depends on how long you smoked and using NRT to help you quit...  Cravings are a sign you are winning!  Your body is crying out for NIC and you are saying “No”, which is a great choice! It is a choice!  Be patient with yourself.  And during these times, treat yourself kindly and come here to get support!  Cravings will come and go, but if you do not light up, you win!  Everyone is different.  But our attitudes toward quitting are paramount to success!  Be brave and know that you are a winner!  Many smokers are not.  We are the blessed ones here!

RoseH

I will private message you with my Quit Kit.  It will help you make a plan to keep  your beautiful and precious quit!

Krack3rJack

My quit is very young too and the mountain does seem very high and far away.  I'll stick with it along with you!  We can do this!

Krack3rJack

5 weeks poison free

YoungAtHeart

Yes, you CAN!!!!

You CAN!  BELIEVE it!  Take it a day at a time.

Summer777

Congrats on your 5 weeks!!!

indingrl

maryfreecig

Yes, it can be frustrating relearning life after being addicted to nicotine. This is all new for you, but you've taken a chance and started your quit--and that is a big deal. While you are feeling unsettled, it's hard to see the progress. But you have stayed smober for 18 days!!! You did that! 

Stick with Ex, keep sharing, commenting, reading learning. Your time will come when you understand exactly why you quit and why you are glad you did.

Quit Kit aka Tool Box 

Quitting Cigarettes Journal  my story or a blog I started in 2014 when I was feeling uncertain

Yes you can, one day at a time.

Summer777

Thanks everyone! 

beazel

18 days is something to be proud of!!!! Great job!

However, your quit is still quite young - it takes time to rewire your mind after years of smoking.

It takes hard work, but it's doable.