cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Today I Learned 2/15/2017

Today in History: February 15

In 1898, the U.S. battleship Maine mysteriously blew up in Havana Harbor, killing more than 260 crew members and bringing the United States closer to war with Spain.  Wow! I did not know that. Here's the Brief History

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history 

Tags (1)
4 Replies
TerrieQuit

Very interesting and saved that link. I like stuff like that! Thanks, Jackie! JACKIE1-25-15 Have a great day!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

1764 – The city of St. Louis, Missouri is established.

1879 – Women's rights: American President Rutherford B. Hayes signs a bill allowing female attorneys to argue cases before the Supreme Court of the United States.

1965 – A new red-and-white maple leaf design is adopted as the flag of Canada, replacing the old Canadian Red Ensign banner.

1972 – Sound recordings are granted U.S. federal copyright protection for the first time.

1976: David Pearson survived a last lap chaos with Richard Petty and limped his car to victory lane to win his only Daytona 500 victory in one of NASCAR's amazing endings.

2000 – Indian Point II nuclear power plant in New York State vents a small amount of radioactive steam when a steam generator fails.

2001 – First draft of the complete human genome is published in Nature.

2003 – Protests against the Iraq war take place in over 600 cities worldwide. It is estimated that between 8 million to 30 million people participate, making this the largest peace demonstration in history.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you for sharing.  I looked at all of those also.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos