cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

To people who relapse

I have been the one. The one who quit for a week, a few days, whatever, and then picked up one cigarette and fell into the relapse game. I came here and talked about the relapse and then I fell off the face of the planet.

I was reading replies to a person who relapsed and one of them said "thank you for posting!" I thought that was so profound in a weird way. The relapser screwed up their courage and posted. They didn't disappear from EX. And they were thanked for that. 

I want to add my thanks to relapsers who try again and again and again, and come here and talk about it. It is so brave to not internalize it all, to share with us, and to, believe it or not, strengthen my/our quits. By starting again, you're showing signs that you're gonna make it. You have not given up. You want to quit. You're flirting with smoking, but you'll show it to the curb before you know it. I believe in you! 

I'm 44 days in and have quit numerous times before. I know what a relapse is and how tempting the urge to smoke can be. I also know that if I take even one puff, I'm a smoker again. And to tell the truth, I'm not sure I would have the wherewithal to come here and admit the relapse and ask for help.

So, yes, thank you for posting. You are doing both yourself and me a favor by doing so. And keep quitting!

Donna

Day 44

56 Replies
jconfusion

ive quit other drugs too like meth drinking acid crack and crank I cant really say pot because  I smoked some pot after chaos died  but haven't touched it since.  it didn't really help it just made me goofy stupid and hungry.    now for my real addiction is wait for it....da da da food! lol

I used to make my own acid. when I was like 16.  it wasn't really acid and I was being a stupid kid lol.  im 38 now.

im just a stupid adult lol.

june day 2686

Giulia

Anybody with 2686 days of freedom is NOT stupid!

jconfusion

lol thank you Giulia‌ 

Giulia

i'm happy smiley 

DonnaMarie

I like to refer to myself as a whimsical adult. Yeah, that's it. 

jconfusion

I tell ppl im eternally 4 years old forever.  aka a professional  scribbler!

jconfusion

ive tried how grown tobacco  it was nasty no chemicals at all lol

june

0 Kudos
elvan

jconfusion‌ That's interesting, sad but interesting, we LIKE the taste of the chemicals.

jconfusion

it just tasted funny.  

0 Kudos
elvan

Probably like food with no spices...

0 Kudos