cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barbscloud

To All of Us Struggling With Life

Don't know where to start or who to respond to first.    I'm reading so many discussions this morning of everyone's struggles with life and attempting not to smoke as a result of what life is throwing at us.  I can associate with much of what everyone is saying.  But the underlying message is that we can live on life's terms with out feeding out addiction, no matter what that addiction may be.  I'm only 16 days smoke free and have attempted numerous times to quit.  It is a daily struggle not to smoke when we're trying deal with ongoing issues in our lives and when those unexpected stressers hit you in the face when you least expect it.  And then there are those cigarettes I also used to reward my self.  Not sure which I miss the most. 

Wishing all of us success on this journey.    

10 Replies
elvan

It gets easier and there comes a time when we do not even think about smoking, no matter what happens.  Life is filled with ups and downs and good days and bad days...smoking does not change anything except to steal our breath, our ability to grow, our self confidence.  Once we completely accept that smoking has nothing to offer...it becomes MUCH easier.  I am not saying that it is easy but it is definitely easier and we just go forward...like the rest of the non smoking world...feeling and dealing with life on life's terms.

Ellen