cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

annie5

Tired of Relapsing

Hi, my name is Annie, and I have relapsed at lease t 5 times. I can't seem to stick with it. I keep on thinking I can have another, and I can't.I am going to try again maybe tomorrow.I can't throw my cigarettes away. I see you guys are on here all the time, so maybe I will have some support. To be honest, I am not feeling good about this quit, but I am goingto try anyways. It I dont try, I will never be ready. So what are you all discussing down there in the comment section? I would like to join in! You all seem supportive, and I don't like people who judge you on your relapse either. At least I am trying!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
annie5

Thank you for your response. It was so inspiring to me. I will take all of that into consideration. I am on my last pack right now, and although I can't do what you did and have them in the house, I need to say good-bye to them. I am also hoping and praying that this will be my last quit. I don't remember how many time I have quit. I did quit when I was pregnant. I do exersize when I feel the urge. I CAN do this. I will try again and take it day by day. I will do it foe myself and my family. I might have a chance of getting cervical cancer (my doc said) and I am scared of that and am using that as a big motivation to quit. Thanks for your post and I hope to see you on here again!
0 Kudos
edith2

Hi Annie! I went to your profile and noticed you now have 8 days! Congradulations! You sound alot more hopeful now too and I am so happy to see that! You are more than welcome to jump into the comments of this group! Sometimes we don't even talk about quitting, but I still think it's a good thing because we're socializing with each other and have the same goal. It's like we have our own chat room in here! EVERYTHING that you've ever written is so valuable to this group and this site. You never know when someone is going to come in and read something you wrote and feel connected by what you say. Or that something you say is going to help someone else. I believe there is so much power in people helping each other than just one person trying to accomplish something alone.
0 Kudos
ctm

Hi Annie.

It can take several tries to get a quit off the ground. Read my 2400 Days blog.

It took me a year to get my quit going.

Never give up.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
0 Kudos
the-potter

Wow Annie...been there - What it came down to is that I did n't want to give up on myself.
Don't give up on yourself...
It is tough...its day 23, and its getting better - way better...but it does get frustrating, and the time seems to go way slow...but - this time - I am not going to give up...I just want to be done...Good Luck. Laura
0 Kudos
mike42

JUST REMEMBER: MOST PEOPLE CAN'T DO IT ALONE AND NEED ALL THE SUPPORT THEY CAN GET, WE'RE HERE FOR YOU
0 Kudos