cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jodi5

Tips & Tricks

The worst time for me...first thing after waking..and last before bed!! I keep telling myself why I want to do this...but those times I keep falling...Help!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies
Jules7

Anna, it is good to see what the triggers are and to adjust your routine accordingly. Keep up the good work!
0 Kudos
laura31

Hi, I'm new here also and am struggling with triggers, especially when I drink my tea or am writing on my laptop. That's when I feel it the most. Any advice?
0 Kudos
anna4

Laura, Maybe a different tea or a new cup that the tea goes in? The laptop, well, I don't know personally as I haven't smoked while on a computer (in house or at work). But maybe someone else has a good idea that works for the laptop??? Good Luck - i hate triggers.
0 Kudos
chelsea4

I have a bad problem with smoking while on the computer. I just started this program and i know that the computer is going to be a big problem. I always feel I have to smoke when I watch videos or do anything online.

I am going to try and find something to replace the smoke when I am at the computer. Like eating some fruit. Or texting friends, or IMing. Something to keep my hands busy.
0 Kudos
webslave

Hey Chelsea, thats a tough one! I also have the same problem. I smoke like a chimney while on the computer !!! I am making changes. I don't leave my cigs at the computer, so when I want one, I have to go get one and I don't smoke it while sitting at the puter.
0 Kudos
dan-kase

Smoking while browsing the net or running through an instance used to be a huge thing for me. So, I started smoking outside only. Now I run out smoke half then come right back in so I don't miss anything.
0 Kudos
chelsea4

You play wow? I am guessing so since you are talking about instances.
0 Kudos
heather45

I also get very trigger happy when I am online, all I want to do is smoke. Then when I am watching a movie I want to smoke too. This is a lot harder than I thought, I honestly believed I wasn't that addicted. Now that I am trying to quit, I realized how much smoking was a huge part of my life.
0 Kudos
webslave

Good luck Heather. The computer is a hugh trigger for me. Even with a patch on! Other than that, I have much less problems/craves.
0 Kudos
heather45

Well still haven't completely thrown out the cigerattes, but each day I am smoking less and the urges are starting to be somewhat tamed. I really think I can do this, it's just a lot harder than I thought it would be.
0 Kudos