cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

Tic Bite

Okay so I was in the woods all afternoon with grandson this past Monday. Not out hardly at all since. TODAY, THIS AFTERNOON, I go to rub my neck and its got something stuck to it. A freaking TIC! This is a first for me. I have had to pick them off me jeans before, but never my skin.   So Storm is gone and the area just looks like a normal bug bite no bullseye ...anyone else ever get bit before? Could it have been latched there since Monday????? I can't believe I just found it. We do have a dog but he's on preventative for it and I check him often and he does not go to woods,...but its been SO WET here as of recent. 

12 Replies
Cousin-Itt

Missy,    I'm glad you found it when you did and as everyone else had stated just keep a eye on it and call your doctor Monday

Thinking about it now it was somewhat comical. Growing up our little neighborhood was surrounded by woods During the  summer we / my friends other children in the neighborhood would spend sometimes all day in the woods A few times a week one or more of the parents would line us up sometime there would 8 or 9 of us and check our heads for ticks Just as indingrl if they found any  heat to remove and then they burned them I have removed a couple from my boys growing up the same way  I guess we were lucky no one ever got sick. 

OHIO TICKS

• Blacklegged ticks - found in wooded and brushy areas. These are the ticks that transmit Lyme Disease.
  • Dog ticks - found in grassy fields and clearings. They can transmit Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, a disease which can cause fever, headache and rash.
  • Lone star tick - found in woodlands with plenty of overgrowth. are the primary transmitter of human monocytic 

See the source image

Mandolinrain

Cousin-Itt‌ , BarbscloudGiulia‌, sweetpltMarilynH‌ , YoungAtHeart , indingrl‌ elvan  Thanks everyone!

TIC TIC TALK, Thanks for all the Tic talk, lol

Today its just looks like a red bug bite, little sore only if I push on it, so I won't push on it. I looked at the pictures above and I think it was a dog tic. I already threw him/her out. I was in creek with grandson on Monday and bet thats where I got it.

We always have been on the country, lots tics , I just never had one on ME before. Yuk! Okay, so THANKS EVERYONE for your knowledge on this and I am not as freaked as I was and I will continue to watch it. If it changes at all I will have it checked.

XOXOX to all. Im actually gonna paint now. I have not painted at all for along time. I have several Elders to do, so I need to get busy  86 outside and muggy. I like cooler temps.