cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dfranke716

Thoroughly annoyed with myself, but getting back at it.

I just through 2 weeks of being smoke free away for 2 days of not being able to cope.  Stupid.  Resetting my date for tomorrow.  I know that the only thing I can control are my actions and my reactions.  It was a reaction, and I gave in.  No I can't completely remove family from my life, so will leave it at that, but I felt good, got so much done, so nice to have clean clothes, bedding, MOUTH and be able to breathe.  Man I'm pissed off at myself, but not going to let that make me give up.  I've been smoking more than 2 packs a day for way too long.  Dammit.  Seriously.  

14 Replies

Hang in there.  I don't have any quit days yet but I have been told on here that we are all human.  we make mistakes and sometimes fall.  You have the right idea tho.  get back up  dust your self off and do it again.  You can do this.  I'll be praying for you

0 Kudos
tjanddj

Glad you are getting right back at it. Go for it!

0 Kudos
Lady86

why do we fall? So we can get back up. Your post seems like you are ready and determined to keep going. I've recently quit with 57 days now and I had a smoke about 2 weeks into my quit, I didn't start back up or quit on my quit. I felt mad but it strengthened my resolve. You can do this 

One step at a time 

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Took me a good long time, or so it seemed, to learn to live with myself without the smokes. I hated stress, especially when I felt put upon. I didn't smoke, but I fell apart for a while. I suppose I coped with the stress by choosing things that I could tolerate doing...such as walking...moving...staying busy...sucking on straws...potty mouth fits where no one was around to hear...

Time not smoking gave me a chance to rethink my reactions. One day at a time, relearning life without the smokes is journey worth taking, so keep working it. Ditch the disappointment, embrace your goal to quit.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Make a commitment that no matter what happens you will not smoke.  Make a vow not to ever touch them or even put your hands on a lighter cigarette or any smoking paraphernalia.  You can do it if you NOPE not one puff ever. no matter what.  Tell yourself when you are presented with the choice that "you don't do that anymore".   Believe that you are a nonsmoker act like one and you will become one.  Nonsmokers have problems just like smokers they just don't smoke.  I takes time in the meantime practice breathing exercises to take you through the rough spots.  It only last for a few minutes.  Get through it no EXcuses.  You can if you choose to.  just saying.  Take what you can use and leave the rest. 

0 Kudos