cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WillWybierala

This site does not work

Sorry to say this is the BS site because it’s a computerized system and it’s not a person-to-person. how does a computer know how it is to try to quit smoking. Here’s an answer it doesn’t

66 Replies
Thovis

It depends on your expectations of this site.  You're right, it will not make you quit smoking.  There are people on this site that have been through the tough times that can offer up some advice.  They've all had different experiences, so the advice is different.  

GyorgyiM

For Example...................

anntann

WhaaaT???

I aint people....?

I aint human anymore...? 

I knew I shudnt have quit smoking!!!!

elvan

We are very real people with very real lives that are not always filled with sunshine and unicorns...we try to support each other no matter what is going on in our lives.  You can certainly see by the diverse comments and blogs that they are not computer generated.  We are a group of people who have committed to quitting, some of us have been quit for a very long time, others are really just starting their journeys.  One of the most rewarding things about this site is the opportunity to reach out to others and strengthen their quits as well as our own.

Congratulations 67oldbabe‌ on two months of freedom, you are sharing things you have perceived about the site and the people here, we all have our own personalities, I, personally, find you very interesting.  A bit of a provocateur but very interesting.  We are here for you as well as anyone else who wants to quit.  We spend time here voluntarily and we gain strength from the experiences of others.

Ellen

picaroon

William,

I don’t understand how you can’t see the incredible support the people give here on this site. From the beginning of my journey I’ve had nothing but encouragement from everyone here. It’s been seven years now without a smoke and I am so grateful to be smoke-free. To this day, people on this site will remind me of my milestones even when I have forgotten. Good luck with whatever you’re trying to do but do your research before you call something BS. Forgiveness and grace are what you need to get you were you want to go, you’ll find it here if you look for it.

Sootie

So----has anyone noticed that WilliamWybierala‌ appears to be gone? He has not commented at all. He apparently gave us one shot about being computers and moved on. Hope he still quits.

JACKIE1-25-15

Yes, It is called Hit and Run!

I wanted to post this

Giulia

Uh, "yup."  And I think I'd better leave it at that three letter comment.  Though, hey, "William" sure got a lot of others to respond.  64 comments and growing.  That makes for excitement on EX and attention being paid.  When you call this site a BS site, you WILL get comments.  And quite wonderful and open minded they are.  The REST of what I might say is best I don't say without offending SOMEBODY because I guess I'm just not that "open minded" and when somebody opens a blog with   "Sorry to say this is the BS site" I just feel it's a rather aggressive and nasty way to introduce yourself to this beautiful support community.   So I guess, yup, I'm coming from a defensive posture.   MY OPINION ONLY.  Mea Culpa.  Should have stuck with "yup."  But I'm a passionate Italian, what can I say.  And my dander is all over the barn!  lol

And I hope he still quits too.  That's a given.  That's why we're here, we Elders.

An Italian robot? hmmm, very interesting!

Why are we validating this jackwagon troll's opinion with responses? WilliamWybierala‌ can label me any way he likes. I don't care.

Mn@ 001.jpg