cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sharon50

This quitting stuff isn't easy

I decided yesterday that it was time to S--- or get off the pot. I have been taking Welbutrin for 4 weeks and putting off quitting 2 weeks longer than I should have. To make a long story short I finally quit at 10 am yesterday (Tues 6/17). I hope I can make it this time...

By the way, how do I get that little clock thing at the bottom of my screen that tracks how long I have been an ex-smoker?

Smoking has always been a stress release valve for me (among other things) so last night was real test for me. I got home to find out that the storms that rolled through yesterday took my carport out. There it was, all crumpled and laying upside down in the far corner of our property. Boy....did I want to have a cigarette. Didn't though. But I need to find a pressure release valve without using a cigarette.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
angelquit

Congrats on your quit. We all have to just take that step and do it. One day at a time. It isn't the easiest thing to do , but it is wotrth while. Stay focused, motivated and strong. Take walks or read or blog or anything when you stress. In time you'll find what works best for you. Good Luck and keep posting. Angelquit - Free and Healing for Three Months, Eight Days, 20 Hours and 25 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 7 Days, by avoiding the use of 2017 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $374.70.
0 Kudos
krystlewing

Hi Sharon, btw, added you to my friends list. 🙂

I am with you, I smoked too many years too, 30 something. Stress was a biggie for me too and what you just went through could easily have been a real deal breaker! Good for you! I found a cool site for a super simple exercise program that I actually find funand is great for stress relief, even though it's really different...is it ok to give links on here? I hope so, so here it is, it's called Falun Dafa or a form of qigong and I just love doing the simple exercises for as long as I can hold up until I get better at them. Here is the link...start with the thousand arms exercise...while I am not of the faith falun, the exercise is fun!
http://www.falundafa.org/eng/exercises.html

Krystle Wing
0 Kudos
sharon50

Makes sense to me. And boy do they ever. I came home from work the 1st day not smoking and wouldn't you know it; We'd had bad storms that day and my carport was GONE. Took some deep breaths and went on.
0 Kudos
sharon50

Sorry to report that I fell last night and smoked 1 cigarette. I was so emotionally charged and completely stressed out that I went nuts and smoked a cigarette. Then I regretted smoking it. But we went out for breakfast this morning at a local resturant and it felt good to say non-smoking please.
0 Kudos
sharon50

I'll give it a try. Thanks.
0 Kudos
krystlewing

Hi Karen, not sure who you were asking but am assuming it is Sharon...as for me, I went through a program my husbands work offers long before I foudn this site. Krystle
0 Kudos
sharon50

Yes I did the Become an Ex plan for 3 weeks before I finally quit. It was a tremendous help.
0 Kudos