cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jeannine2

This is the LAST time I'll ever quit

Hello to everyone. So glad I saw the ad on tv last night for this websight. I have been smoke free since March 9, 2008. I have lost count on how many times I have tried to quit in the past. Tried hypnosis twice, Zyban a couple of times, the patch several times, and the gum a few times.
This time I am doing it with Chantix, a local support group and now this online support forum. I know I will never smoke again. I know enough from past attempts that even thinking that taking one puff won't hurt, it will, and it will lead to another bout of smoking.
Congratulations to all you ex-smokers, and good luck to everyone that would like to quit. I know you can do it, because if I can do it....anyone can.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
lynn14

Hi, Jeannine -

Wow - it sounds like Chantix has really worked well for you. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on day nine of it myself and know it's working really good, so I can imagine in a few more days, it ought to be really kicking in big time to the point I completely stop because right now, smoking one, which I really don't want to do but do out of habit, makes me borderline ill as they taste so gawd-awful nasty, and I NEVER thought I'd EVER say that about ANY cigarette! LOL. But it's true!! I can feel that I'm *this close* to ditching them......
0 Kudos
v2b

you sound like me with all of your attempts at quitting. Not easy but it can be done. Be proud of every hour you get through without having a cigarette. It's much nicer knowing you're breathing clean hair instead of smoke!! Now that's disgusting just remembering how many times I've inhaled all that smoke and thinking that it made me feel good. That's crazy lol v2b
0 Kudos