cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sis71

This is so hard

I am starting my quit again today. I am so frustrated that I cant make it through a normal day. The only way I feel this will work is if I dont leave my house. EVER!! I want this so much but my mind gets the best of me and I feel like a complete failure. I am very disappointed in myself and I am very sorry for restarting my quit date.

Sissy 

27 Replies
Sis71

Well my dad 1 and I woke up sick. I stayed home from work and have been taking it easy all day. I work with special needs kids so I can’t go to work sick. I through away everything yesterday that has to do with smoking but today I thought about it constantly. Reading posts here, Deep breathing and reading and sleeping because I’m sick helped today. 

Sis71

It was supposed to say today I woke up sick  not my dad. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sis71 wrote:

It was supposed to say today I woke up sick  not my dad. 

No worries.  FYI you can edit your post on a computer by clicking the Actions button and clicking the edit link in drop down menu to edit your post. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

That's great.  You can do this!

Barb

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Congratulations on following through on your Quit Day!

Here's to Day WON!

On to Day Two, and Three and to FOREVER!

Remember to keep a cold bottle of water handy and sip often, change up your routines, keep a list of things you can do to distract yourself when the going gets tough.

You can do this!  Just don't smoke!

indingrl

Thank YOU so much for being honest with self and ME and for sharing YOUR heart with ME - I smoked and came back a few times too - YOU are NOT alone - NO WORRIES - I am so glad for YOU   - YOUR doing GOOD - New day - new mindset -  CONGRATS ON YOUR NICOTINE FREEDOM - gentle hug

anaussiemom

48355658_10156750792889654_2109187911407632384_n.jpg

Kboyd66

As long you jus keep trying try to keep your mind on other things and tell yourself I can do this we're here to support you as much we can. 

angel01madrid

Hi Sissy,

Don't beat up on yourself. It does not matter how many times you fall down but that you get back up again. Nothing beats a failure but a try. Today is my second day and the struggle is real. We can do this together and support each other. Maybe cook your favorite dish and watch a good movie. Find something fun to do online or play some games. Go to bed early. Think of something to do to make yourself busy. Tell yourself it's just about today. Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Yesterday I cleaned out my garage. Good Luck to you. You can do this.

Exvape

you are not a failure.

have you read Alan Carr’s book? - very helpful 

also have you done any research on the enemy nicotine? It’s helping me big time just understanding the enemy..makes

it easier to strategize getting over rough patches. (I’m new at this but it’s the ist quit where I feel

like I will be victorious)....the following link helped me——>

https://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html

Goos luck! You can and will do this.