cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mestas

This is me

Hello, my name is Paul I'm from Denver Colorado. The mile high, no literally you get a mile high if you live here. But it isn't all that bad. This state has its own personality, mostly mood swings. One day it's 75°  and sunny the next -5° and a snow blizzard of of 6 to 12 inches of snow. So you have to be ready for anything. I'm 45 years young so I have long way to go but my body is trying to tell me stop. I was raised with both of my parents but I was a rascal. I have 2 sister's and 2 brother's. One of my brothers was shot and killed right before Christmas when I was 17 years old on December 17th 1983. At that time I got involved in gangs, alcohol, drugs and violence. I then tried to kill myself more times than I can count but was unsuccessful. I tried overdosing on several occasions, shooting myself in the head, I've been in car acedents that I should have never walked away from and drinking myself to death. I was once married until I got paralyzed and lost my memory. They said I would never walk again and I would be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. That's when my wife left me and took my kids away. But a man named Jesus got a hold of me and changed my life and now I have something to live for. Before I didn't care and I was alone but now I have my Lord my dog Nipsey and I love myself.

Tags (1)
12 Replies
CrazyQuitter

Sounds like you've had a rough life! I am so sorry to hear about one of your brothers etc. But thank you for being so open with us!

Let us know how you are going with your quit journey and find coping skills that work for you! Staying busy in some way is the key to being level headed and being resilient! Take good care of yourself and be kind to yourself! Make every day a good day!

Mestas

Thank you for your words of encouragement and I have many hobbies that I bounce around but I read my Bible the most, especially right now! I need all the help I can get and reading takes my mind away from my own thoughts and when I get enough of reading I have drums, drawing, and I would like to get another guitar because I gave mine to my daughter. Right now the Lord has been my strength because I don't have any.

Paul

0 Kudos
CrazyQuitter

All understandable! I too write music myself and do coloring in. Reading is a good coping skill too!

0 Kudos