cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

This is Jeanne M and I 'm having some

I am having some difficulty navigating here, there was some information about the first 3-5 months quit, but now I can't find it. I also don't get any any texts or emails, are you supposed to. I am low tech, is there a guide for new members?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

No Mans Land Days 30 to 130 (approximate)  I assume this is the post you’re thinking of.  

As for your email question and texts.  You can go to http://www.becomeanex.org/edit-profile/ to see if you have a valid email address and if you’re subscribed to emails and text messages.   If you don’t figure it out I can look into it further when I get back to my computer tomorrow.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@macdonaldjeanne I see you received three text messages from us yesterday and the last email was two days ago.  Since your quit date it several months in the past you will see less text messages from us than if you had quit very recently. The text messages are automated and naturally taper off. As part of our free program the email service we have typically sends ~6 automated emails for people with a past quit date. People with a future quit date would get a couple more than that. The community should also be sending emails to you when you post or reply/comment on things here.

As far as a guide. We're working on an on-boarding tool. In the mean time there are a number of questions people have had that are already answered if you go to  Community Help Discussions - EX Community and then search at the top of the page and make sure the dropdown to the left says "this board".  You can also view a couple walk-throughs we've made in  Community How-To's - EX Community  or the  Community Help - EX Community  page.

EX Community Admin Team

Hi Mark, I am not able to find out about emails and texts but I found No Man's Land and appreciate it very much! It's a good thing to be prepared. I am enjoying reading people s writings and settling in.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@macdonaldjeanne wrote:

Hi Mark, I am not able to find out about emails and texts but I found No Man's Land and appreciate it very much! It's a good thing to be prepared. I am enjoying reading people s writings and settling in.

@macdonaldjeanne  

On https://www.becomeanex.org/edit-profile/#communications you'll see you are subscribed to emails. though as I mentioned you're probably not going to receive any additional emails than you've already gotten. You will continue to receive texts.  I see you have received two today.

We are sending you emails from the EX Community.  If you're not seeing them then maybe your email is blocking them somehow or they're going into junk folder. Those messages will have links to get back to this post for example so you can respond and continue the interaction. I moved your response above to this thread so that we could continue the conversation. You had posted a new topic. I happened to come across it otherwise I wouldn't have seen it and probably wouldn't have responded.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos