cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

crash7997

This doesn't seem worth it

So, I have been trying to quit now for the last two weeks.  I have cheated here or there but nothing more than a couple in any given day.  I am angry all the time.  I can't sleep, I'm in a fog and it just seems to never get any better.  My cravings last for HOURS!  It's not this cravings only last 20 minutes at most B.S.  This is my last attempt.  Either I quit now, or I never quit.  I'm done with feeling this way.  Either I start to see some benefits from this or I just give up.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
34 Replies
CathyC1332

You are so right. I think every smoker wanting to quit has said exactly what you say. I have tried quitting soooooo many times. I am slowly weaning myself from cigarettes.  Some days are better than other days. I want to quit I don't want to quit.  Nobody can make our mindset for us. It's all how much you want it. Everyone hear is supportive and there is wonderful sharing.  I read and it is my hope I can eventually put all the knowledge I have attained into action. Stay strong. 

@crash7997 wrote:

So, I have been trying to quit now for the last two weeks.  I have cheated here or there but nothing more than a couple in any given day.  I am angry all the time.  I can't sleep, I'm in a fog and it just seems to never get any better.  My cravings last for HOURS!  It's not this cravings only last 20 minutes at most B.S.  This is my last attempt.  Either I quit now, or I never quit.  I'm done with feeling this way.  Either I start to see some benefits from this or I just give up.  

0 Kudos
RoseH

It’s called Addiction to the drug, Nicotine, @crash7997   I smoked for over 50 years and I didn’t think I could quit either.  However, my good “friend” Nicotine [and the smoke that comes with it] gave me COPD.  Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.  It means I have to suck on two inhalers.  One once a day.  One twice a day.  My lungs are damaged from smoking and they cannot ever cleanse themselves, naturally.  If you want to join me, keep smoking!  Otherwise, be smarter than me, and look into my personal files about all the damage smoking does to your whole body...  When you can’t breathe [that is where I was when I quit] please believe me when I say, “Nothing else matters!"

Get a quit buddy on here and just do it.  You will be glad you did!  You can do it!  Rosemary H

0 Kudos
OliverLKD

@RoseH  I’m so very sorry to hear about your health.  I think you are amazing for quitting and for continuing to come on here to help others.   Thank you for being here. 

RoseH

Thank you for your kind words! @OliverLKD 

0 Kudos
Hiker

Well I don't know why I'm responding to you because I have "quit" in between smoking for a long time.  I feel good about quitting while I'm smoking.  I feel bad about quitting while I'm quitting.  Yes it's the hamster on the wheel.  After reading all the responses I know that with each time I just have one it leads to two and then the whole pack (cuz I certainly don't want to waist the $$ I just spent)  So I do now realize that I'm just making the craves worse because I have to keep going thru the crave cycle every time I just have the one.  It's so harrrrrddddd......  But by going on and off smoking I'm making it worse for myself.  I say this as once again I'm on day 3 of a new quit.  I find I make so many excuses why not to quit this time and this time and this time....  AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!   I can't wait for the feeling of not wanting to smoke.  I hear it so much on this site and I just want that feeling NOW! But I suppose that takes time. That's what they say..... it gets easier and fewer craves as time goes on.  I'm glad you came to this site for help......that's probably what I should do more often.  GOOD FOR YOU!!.   Welp..... if we were in the same room together during a crave neither one of us would survive.  It would be a bloody mess  LOL  😞     Sooooo..... not much help from me but good luck to you.   

0 Kudos