cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kawika2

The vape demon

I quit cigarettes on this sight almost 9 years ago. It was amazing. Thank you so much. However since then I got hooked by the vape demon. I need to set a new quit date. I’m over it. How do I go about doing that?

Tags (1)
15 Replies
Kawika2

I wasn’t really thinking about sigs at all. I was two years zero nicotine. All it took was one puff of an esig and that was it. I wasn’t going through anything hard or difficult. It was just weird how I started with it. 

WhispersQSMB

Its the "nicodemon " beware of nicotine in any form

zaxa11

I know about this one.  I"m trying to quit smoking and quit the vape at the same time.  I know I can do it with help from here.  I don't want to go through the battle of quitting one and then later going through the same darned thing to quit the other....that's just me.  But I know you can do it.  If you've quit smokes, vaping is just a tedious walk-through.  Thank you so much for your post!

elvan

Kawika2‌ and zaxa11‌ Cutting yourself off from all nicotine is, in my opinion, the best way because then you are going through all withdrawal at the same time.  No crave ever killed anyone but no one can say that about smoking or vaping. Quitting is a one day at a time journey, it is not an event.  We are all here to help in any way that we can, you do not have to take this journey alone.  We have all been where you are because "The only way out is through."  

Welcome to EX.

Ellen

Kawika2

Thank you. I’m looking forward to doing this again. I remember when I did it. I was determined. This is a little different cause vaping is way more convenient. It’s easy to just puff in the house or car and you don’t smell. I’m gonna have to throw everything away. The gum helped me start quitting last time. 

Giulia

Sometimes we simply forget the rule:  

pastedImage_1.png

That why I think it's so important to keep connected to a support group such as this.  It's a reminder that we're only one puff away from where we began.