cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Aherrington90

The rage???

Jump to solution

Has this ever happened to anyone.....you have a fairly calm day then its late in the afternoon you havent had a cig all day them someone says something to you but it irks you for no reason then you find yourself arguing with that person to the point of almost yelling? Like one minute you are Jekyll the next you are Hyde? What did you do especially if you didnt even see it coming?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@Aherrington90 This really is a part of many quitters journey.   It can truly be an emotional rollercoaster.  Try practicing your deep breathing at those times.  If you can, go  for short walk to refocus and get some dopamine flowing.   You're brain was used to getting it all the time and now it needs to be replaced.  

Congrats on your success.   This will pass.

Barb

View solution in original post

JACKIE1-25-15

BTW this happens to non smokers also.  lol.  They have rage.  We are all human. When we quit smoking we have to began to relearn how we react because we no longer have that stinkin sickerette to suck on to pacify us.  Deep breathing is a sure cure for this.  Anger was my trigger and lost a quit behind it.  After that I made up my mind that noone was going to cause me to get angry enough to blow a quit.  I have learned to walk away.  Find a quiet place and BREATHE.  Wishing you the very best on this journey.   It continues. NOPE

View solution in original post

7 Replies
maryfreecig

Well I had a lot of rage period when I quit. If I yelled at someone it was more like the kettle boiling over. No matter what you are going through, it can all be handled one day at a time. Thanks for sharing. It's better to talk about what is bothering you then to stuff it for sure!!!

TigeKtm

I have been there.  When it happens I remind myself that nicotine is the devil and nicotine programs the brain.  I  take deep breaths then move forward in life.  

Aherrington90

I was almost too scared to share @maryfreecig ! I've never felt that way before and tbh it scared me! 

Barbscloud

@Aherrington90 This really is a part of many quitters journey.   It can truly be an emotional rollercoaster.  Try practicing your deep breathing at those times.  If you can, go  for short walk to refocus and get some dopamine flowing.   You're brain was used to getting it all the time and now it needs to be replaced.  

Congrats on your success.   This will pass.

Barb

Aherrington90

I thought I was going crazy for a second because I have been prepping for 2 weeks now for my quit date but havent had this happen yet.

JACKIE1-25-15

BTW this happens to non smokers also.  lol.  They have rage.  We are all human. When we quit smoking we have to began to relearn how we react because we no longer have that stinkin sickerette to suck on to pacify us.  Deep breathing is a sure cure for this.  Anger was my trigger and lost a quit behind it.  After that I made up my mind that noone was going to cause me to get angry enough to blow a quit.  I have learned to walk away.  Find a quiet place and BREATHE.  Wishing you the very best on this journey.   It continues. NOPE

Aherrington90

I am definately going to be trying that....my quit date is fast approaching and I want all this squared away before then!!!!

0 Kudos