cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DANIELA040220

The first few days!

Greetings everyone, 

I've come to the conclusion that I will have to quit cigarettes today instead of in a week from now. The reason being is that I have no money to buy them anymore and I'm sick of spending my money on them. It's been a couple hours since my last cigarette and I just had a strong urge. I am wondering what folks do in their first couple days to stay afloat-  since that's all I will worry about for now. I don't want to think about too far in the future. I just want to get the first couple days right. I have some people I can call for support in the late nights. I have my boyfriend to text, but he needs more of my support (he's also trying to quit) than I need his. I know there's plenty on this site to read.

And even if nothing else helps there is one way to maintain my quit, I can "just sit it out." I know it sounds desperate to simply sit it out, but if all else fails, I guess I'm stuck with that. So that's as far as I got with my quit plan. Sometimes when my urges hit I can't even think straight, I can't focus or do anything but argue with the addict in my head, because I am so paralized and overwhelmed. Can anybody tell me what to do in a situation like this? What worked for you in your first quit days? What didn't? 

Sincerely, 

D

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DANIELA040220

Wow! I thought the same thing: why not now, while I don't have so many triggers? I'm close to D.C., living in VA.