cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

heidi16

The Secret to Quitting For Good

Hi I'm Heidi and I'm an ex-smoker.  I smoked on and off for 30 years.  I have quit many times...once for 5 years.  Here's the wisdom I want to share with everyone that I didn't know all the other times I quit.  You can never have another puff again.  It's not that you don't want one...you do...we all do, but you don't want the thousands that will come after that.  I never knew that.  Every time I quit I would think well, I've gone 90 days I can have just one.  Or I've gone 5 years, I can have one occassionally.  Or I've gone 6 months I'll just have one, it won't hurt.  I quit so many times to tell you the truth, I really don't know how many times I have truly tried to quit, but I never had the wisdom to know that I could never have another puff again.  I think this time is the time I'll do it for good.  No, I know this time I will quit for good.  Lord knows I'm good at it, I've tried to quit so many times, I guess I kinda consider my self an expert at it...LOL.  I quit smoking January 20, 2010...almost 2 months and going strong.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
garybolyard55

please  i need help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
heidi16

Take it a moment at a time...if that's what it takes.  If I can hang on for one more second...one more minute...one more hour...one more day.

0 Kudos