cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

GyorgyiM

The Road to Utopia

You have your map and your instructions to get to Utopia. A place of healing, a place to recover, where health and happiness swirl like clouds of colors . Where laughter and lightheartedness caress your sense of well being...There is no other option but the mindset of "bliss" once you arrive..

To get  there you must travel a road that is full of caution, some parts paved, some rocky with steep inclines and curves. Narrow cliffs without side rails...obstacles jutting out from nowhere...the path is not easy, but doable.

The only  warning to travel is "Never take your eyes off the road."

As you embark on this journey, you are excited but as time goes by you start to get a little  restless, you neck becomes   stiff and uncomfortable. You know you don't have "that" long till you reach your destination, but you start to get frigidity, and no matter how many road signs you pass that say  "Keep you Eyes on the Road"  you think, "oh, what the heck, I'll just do a quick look over my shoulder to stretch a bit and  that will give me relief for a few seconds......I am sure it will be fine...

When you "come to" your realize that you slammed into a tree and have injured yourself..You know that you will not be able to continue towards your destination  until you recuperate from the damage you caused  by ignoring the "warning". You will have to start over, but with the clear intent of "Never taking your eyes off the Road"...

No matter how uncomfortable you are, no matter how restless you become. KEEP YOUR MIND  ON THE RIGHT PATH. Your destination is just around the corner, freedom from the slavery of nicotine. Be patient and have some tolerance and you will have continuous health and happiness. Make the right choices, don't allow yourself to stray....The end result are worth it....Their is a Utopia out there for each and everyone of us...

Miles of Smiles.....for all the Newbies and then some......

18 Replies
GyorgyiM

Always..............................................

0 Kudos
Giulia

On the road to Utopia.   Nice!  

GyorgyiM

LOVE THIS !!!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Well what you wrote made me go find it!  So thanks!

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Bet they don't smoke on "Avatar" ...eh?

0 Kudos
Cricket

AMAZING and perfect timing!  I apsolutly love this!  Thank you:)

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Still a good read second time around. 

0 Kudos
Cricket

I just believe I missed this article until it was God's perfect timing for me to see it!  And it will always be a good read for me, I love the analogy.

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Thank you Jackie...xoxoxo!

0 Kudos