cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kc_13

The RELIEF of being a non-smoker out-weighs the urge to smoke

Hi everyone.  I quit smoking 8 days ago.  I was very nervous to attend a 4th of July party where I knew there would be smokers.  It was easier than I thought.  The pride I feel to be taking care of my body out-weighed any urge I had.  I quickly realized how much it really does stink.  I never realized that when I smoked.  I thought if I were outdoors, no one would really be able to tell.  HOW WRONG I WAS! 

When I decided to quit, I was afraid. I thought, "What if I can't do it?"  Then I realized that if I could get through just one craving/urge without lighting up, I could do it again. I thought, "I got through it last time, I will get through it this one time"....over and over. 

I think the biggest difference (to really quit) for me is that I have resolved in my mind that I will NEVER smoke again...not one drag.  There is no other option to me.  That is a part of my life that I will never revisit. 

I want to tell everyone I meet that I quit smoking...I feel so proud and so happy.  Think of it like this when you want to give in - Not having that cigarrette won't kill you.  You will get through that craving.  But having that cigarrette CAN contribute to killing you.  We all deserve to be healthy and happy. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mita

Reading your post made me feel very encouraged.

0 Kudos

Hi come on over to the BLOGS. That is where we hang out,. You will gets lots of replies there.

Marcie - NOT ONE HIT SINCE THE DAY I QUIT! Three Months, One Day, 16 Hours and 19 Minutes, while extending my life 9 Days and 15 Hours, by not smoking 2780 cigarettes that would have cost me $279.10.

0 Kudos
jewelrybro

I quit smoking June 19, 2011.  I can't tell you how much better I feel!!  I, too was afraid of the cravings that would occur when I stopped, but they weren't that bad.  I was able to not light up again!!  I too have decided to give up smoking after many, many years.  I have tried many stop smoking aids before and was not successful with quitting. I made up my mind after many conversations with my doctor about the damage that was being done to my body.  The desire comes, but I don't give in to them any more and the cravings only last for a short period of time.  I am glad that today when I opened my e-mails to find this advertisement from this network.  I immediately decided to sign up so that I can get help in becoming AnEX.  I have signed up with The Community so that I can get help with these cravings and become totally free from Nicotine!!  I know with help and talking to people that are going through the same thing I am, I will be successful this time.  God Bless you for your effort in helping us break this habit for good!!

jewelrybro

0 Kudos