cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RoseH

The Path To Optimism

Don't Worry Be Happy.png

Deep down inside, I always “just knew” how bad smoking really was...  I called it Nicotine “Chains” of dread and not being able to “look forward”, if you know what I mean?  Our bodies are so miraculous!  The minute we quit smoking, they begin to heal, in every physical way possible!  Just think about how wonderful that really is!

Yes, it is hard to start, but the benefits of quitting smoking are virtually endless!  And I am the result!

Just put one foot in front of the other, and literally drown those “sickness and death sticks” and I promise that the benefits you get, both mentally and physically, are so very worth it!  We make a temporary “not so easy or good” one of the greatest choices we have to make, in our lifetimes!  We become smoke free winners over the terrible addiction to the drug Nicotine!

The most wonderful thing about being here, is that none of us are alone in our quest!  Just look at the stats around you as you learn from the elders!  And come here often, to read posts and join in on the big wonderful celebration of wellness and the reality of actually “seeing the light at the end of the tunnel”!

I wish you all a very happy and smoke free Friday, and let’s all keep our beautiful quits, ok?  Rosemary

Tags (1)
10 Replies
sweetplt

You got it Rose RoseH as we are getting a tropical storm off the Atlantic Coast I will be snuggled inside my house without having to even think about smoking.  

pastedImage_2.jpg Happy Friday dear Rose...Colleen 585 DOF 

RoseH

What a beautiful thought from Groucho!  Thank you for sharing, Colleeen!

AnnetteMM

You got this, girlfriend! Great blog post of encouragement.

72385857_1334371620020539_8377231881468379136_n.jpg

You're a winner!!

RoseH

Thank you AnnetteMM

indingrl

Rosemary and thank YOU for the REMINDER - worry is a waste of MY precious TIME and TIME is shorter EVERYDAY

RoseH

You are so very welcome indingrl

elvan

We all need to add this to our GPS, remember the way to optimism. It’s pretty easy to get lost.

Ellen

RoseH

Thank you, elvan

WhispersQSMB

Love the post rose and totally agree Elvan. Some are lost and will never get it.. There is no healthy way to smoke, deep down we all knew and know. Some sit there telling you how bad smoking is while they vape or take a hit, others will tell you how healthy they are while killing off a bottle.. They all lead to a bad ending .. One day at a time