cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bill21

The Fears of smoking and getting over them

I think that a lot of the battle to quiting smoking is the fear that goes with it. I Would feel more comfortable jumping out of a completly perfect airplane as compared to quiting smoking...funny thing is i quit tommorrow but i am feeling the affects today. But i know it is the fear of quiting and i beleive that is gonna be my hardest battle to overcome. Most of the time i am a spontanious person but there are some things in my life i am set on and it scares the crap out of me when these things that i depend on are going to be gone.What are everyones thoughts on this....????
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ruthie-henry

Same here, I have never had any trouble quitting anything before, then came smoking. Boy is that a big one. Even having a major heart attack didn't work. Anyone with a hint or two would be helpful. Also found out I have a gluten allergy. Just one more thing to worry about. Hope you have better luck than I have.
0 Kudos
cheryl7

I feel the same as you do. Right before I put my patch on tonight I felt that fear. The fear of what if I cant do it this time, will I be ok, can I get through the night and day with out a smoke. Iv always thought that I could do anything I wanted but this seems, to have me. 3 weeks ago I would have said of I can quit anytime I want and now that I did it for 12 days and then fell again in to the nicotine trap Im scared to death. Put I also know that im scared of the fact that something has such a hold on to me and that is why Im really going to do this no matter what. If I have to set my clock back as many times as it takes. I will not let this crap run my life. I always have stayed away from drugs and to know that Im addicted to the worst one of all. The main thing is how many people dont know that this is the worst drug out there. I will not let fear stop me.
cheryl
0 Kudos
bill21

yes you hit that on the head....i am the same....i tried the drugs when i was younger but i was lucky enough not to get addicted. i never thought at 16 i would be addicted to something as stupid as nicotine...and how it runs my life.....dont eat out any more becuase of no smoking laws....dont drink at bars any more becuase of no smoking laws...hell i moved out of ny because of the no smoking law....i will be glad when the day comes i run my life not an addiction
0 Kudos