cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Terrible Threes

Good morning to all.  Anybody remember the term Terrible Two's for toddlers?  I remember the 3's being worse.  I am heading on 2 weeks (Day 9) for me and I'm not sure, but I do believe my mind is wondering towards the next leg of my journey because I feel "dread".  My last quit lasted 19 days (that was the third week).  Maybe my brain is reminding me that the third week is when I lost my quit due to fearful thinking.  I am fearful that this is happening again.  I am mindful that I need to be in today and not in the future, but this nasty feeling is pulling at me.  I just wanted to come to this site because I know it has been my lifeline.  I plan on getting dressed and heading out to work.  I also plan on coming to this site as much as possible.  I will pack a healthy lunch, get down on my knees and praying (Ellen's suggestion has helped), have gum with me and plenty of water.  I plan on redirecting my thoughts and remembering how much I coughed and choked when I was smoking.  I will also think of my family and how we are going to be celebrating my youngest daughter's graduation from college in the spring as well as the trip we are planning to Disney for her graduation present.  All of these wonderful things will be present in my mind to help me overcome this feeling.  But I could use a little encouragement on today's journey.  Thanks in advance.

-Michelle

8 DOF

40 Replies
Deb-EX

LisamlMichelleDiane‌ is RIGHT! I haven't met a blizzard that when smoking I wouldn't take on LOL.. It's definitely one of the UP sides of not smoking   Also I too get so much inspiration from other ex's and their DOF, even if it's day 1. I'm at day 65.. it's honestly mind blowing to me. There were many "if'E"  days in these 65 days, so many times that I thought that's it, I'm done fighting, I need a cigarette!! Truth is, it's up to US.. had it not been for the education and support that I get from this group, Oh I would have been back to smoking a long time ago! The most helpful motto for me is "NO! Smoking is not an option" and move on to do something, leaving MY temper tantrum behind   as corny as it sounds.. this for ME actually works!!  Everyday we will need to work our Quit, until well, it's not work anymore!  You're doing GREAT Lisa. Stay warm and safe. You're doing GREAT too Michelle, proud of YOU!