cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Williedavis

Taking care of Myself begins now

I started smoking when is was in high like many of my friends. I thought it was cool to go outside on lunch break to hangout with everyone else and I got addicted.That was over 20 years  ago.And now with everything going on The Pandemic and everything else, now is the time to change. I looked at this program as a shot to stop and quit for good. I just want to be healthy,free of smoking and the Pandemic..

Labels (1)
6 Replies
sweetplt

HI and Welcome to Ex’s @Williedavis 

I am so happy you found our site.  Many of us started smoking in high school and continued “way too many years”...That being said, “it is never too late to quit smoking”.  You can do this...be sure to have a plan for your quit date, educate yourself on addiction and come here often to get help and to encourage others on this journey.  We are here to help you...~ Colleen 899 DOF

Cousin-Itt

Welcome Willie.

Quitting is the Best Thing I ever did and I feel better about it each day

A lot of good people and great information on this site.   One thing is never forget right now the feeling and the reason of why you are quitting.   

Here are a few things to expect and different ways to cope 

z.jpg

Carl

Barbscloud

Welcome to the @Williedavis   Glad you found the site.  Interacting with new and long term quitters has led to success for many.  Pick a date, educate yourself about this addiction and get your plan in place.  Knowledge and preparation made all the difference for me finally.

We're here to support you, so begin our journey.  Just reach out anytime.

One day at a time.

Barb

JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX   

You have come to the right place if you are making the decision to commit to quit smoking.  At EX our resolve is to never smoke again.  NOPE “Not one puff ever.”  I suggest that you follow the steps on the web site pages along with reading, writing, studying, researching and blogging if you like.

This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be a nonsmoker.  If you haven’t read it or have not been informed read  Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Way to Quit Smoking”. It is in pdf on the web  It is an easy suggested  Also check out www.whyquit.com.  There is a lot of additional beneficial information to read and study.  Look for Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101. Both were extremely helpful for me.  Stay close to the site and learn, ask questions. Read the blogs and most of all enjoy your commitment to quit smoking.

If you should need something to do here is a link that will help

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/5711492/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke).

If you take the time to do the work you will have success.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Williedavis   How are you doing?  Have you picked a quit date.  We're here to celebrate with you.

Barb

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Hi @Williedavis  Have you quit yet.

0 Kudos