cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

christina

THE PATCHES OF DOOM!!!!!!!

I started the patches today. I had my morning cig and I put the patch on. I like the fact that it is really helping even after only starting today but..............they make me feel really weird! A little dizzy and a little nauseous! I just wanna rip it off and say forget it. Encouragement please!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
christina

Good for you for trying again. Every time you try again you are a step closer to quitting for real! I am cold turkey now and I have found new and interesting ways to realx. I went to whole foods and bought a herbal pill to help with anxiety and induce calmness, I bought silly putty to occupy my hands and beaded bracelets (they help by rubbing them and keeping my hands and mind busy) and I am running 3 miles a day. I feel good...even though after dinner I always hurt for a smoke. But all I can do is try. Good luck to you and have another successful day tomorrow!
0 Kudos
nik

Great going! I quit cold turkey on March 3 too and I still haven't taken another puff. This probably my 10th attempt or so. Last 3 years I used patch but I was experiencing ordeals similar to yours so I quit quitting. This time I chewed 3 gums the first day, nothing from second day onwards. 2nd and 3rd day were hell! Luckily hell is clearing out. Well, it's been a week. Congratulations!
0 Kudos
denise-payne

Wtg for quitting. I am new as well and had my last cig and started my new life on the 11th. Had a cig and about 2 hrs . later put on a patch. I did ok with it, but my arm has been a little sore. I did have trippy dreams though. They were really freaky so tonight, solo for sleep, not patch. Cant handle feeling like that again.
I tried cold turkey 2 weeks ago. Worked good for first 2 days then boom. This is why I decided to do the patch. I hope you give it a try again. I believe it will help you more than you know. But if not I am still here for you too with everyone else. Have a wonderful, great tasting and smelling day!!!!!!
0 Kudos