cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cartel

THAT VOICE.........in my head

I know i can beat this. Within the last 2 months i have smoked like 4times. I always reach that point when i think it's ok now. I am starting to except and realize that i do have an addiction. I get that voice that says just one more time. Mannn......that voice.....OK i got it....you can't beat drug addiction by doing more drugs. Ok now I must do it. I am back to day one again & I am fighting for my life. I have the nic gum...but i really want to do this cold turkey. HERE I GO AGAIN. thanks for "listening".
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
pat3

I have read Allan Carr's book also. It makes a lot of sense- until...... I get up in the morning and that first urge grabs me and won't let go. This is my Biggest fear- that I will not be able to resist the first urge forever. My quit date is set for April 6th. I will have been taking chantix a week. Any suggestions about how to change my mind set?
0 Kudos
edith2

Procrastinate! Procrastinate on lighting up till the craving goes away. Give me a good enough reason to light up and I'll dump all the time I have being a non-smoker and light up with you! You can never enjoy smoking again. Now you know better.
0 Kudos
edith2

Alan, you are awesome! I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well! Whoot! Whoot!
0 Kudos