cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BugsNBats14

TASTE BUDS

Noticed today how great my lunch tastes.

Avocado and low fat cottage cheese with sprinkling of EVERYTHING BUT THE BAGEL seasoning, which I've had millions of times.

WHY TODAY?

DAY 63

I HAVE NO CLUE.

What tastes great to you after quitting?

9 Replies
indingrl

CONGRATS ON DAY 63 AND GOOD JOB!!! YAHOOOOO WAY TO GO!  I love avocado n regular cottage cheese! Yum

0 Kudos
BugsNBats14

Have you had a problem with weight gain since quitting?

0 Kudos
lqsi12

4 lbs here after 50 days. Making sure  that trend doesn't continue by portion control which is a distraction for my quit to.  Keep up your good quit !

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Just as every person is different and every quit, so is every aspect of improvement when we quit. That's why it's hard for us to give a timeline to everyone for these milestones.  My sense of taste and smell improved very early in my quit - which, as you have found, is a good AND bad thing!  There are certain smells I have noticed that I could do without - and food tasting better means, well, it tastes BETTER!

I actually didn't so much like the taste of my coffee using ground beans when my taste improved.  Had to start grinding my own beans.  I cannot IMAGINE how awful Maxwell House would be (and I drank it from ground for MANY years).  I had it again when I was still a smoker and it tasted like I imagine contaminated river water might have.  NOT going to try it now!

For the weight gain, you need to eat 200 LESS calories a day just to maintain your pre-quit weight.  I don't recommend dieting, per se, but would suggest you watch your portion control, and sub low calorie snacks in between the more calorie-filled one.  Frozen grapes were one of my go-to's, and I kept a water bottle with me at all times from which to sip.

Keep going!  You are doing GREAT!

Nancy

sweetplt

Everything tastes better...yum avocado and cottage cheese sounds good may have to try ... ~ Enjoy ~ Colleen

Barbscloud

Food

elvan

Avocado tastes good on ANYTHING!

BugsNBats14

Agreed.

anaussiemom

cake