Give and get support around quitting

sandra17

Successful EXers

Finally! I'm an EX 🙂
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
285 Replies
kerry

Hi Pixie, I hope you're feeling better. I am quit again today.
0 Kudos
donna45

I'm brand spankin new here...but not new to the "battle of the addiction" I had weight loss surgery 2 1/2 yrs ago....lost 110 pounds! Hurray! However, I developed an ulcer at the opening of my "pouch" (new stomach) and it is blocking food from going in...I'm severely iron deficient, have pains everytime I eat, and I'm weak beyond belief. Well, I finally got a new by-pass doctor and Friday Dec 19th was my day of wreckoning! Turns out...I HAVE TO QUIT SMOKING! The ulcer will not heal unless I do. In short..The doctor says "you either eat OR smoke, you can't do both!" So he wrote me a prescription to Chantix (my second time on this) and I rushed it to the pharmacy. The pharmacy was out but will have it tomorrow for me. So here I go again...arming myself for battle. I could kick myself (and I have) for not staying away from the cigarettes after being successful with Chantix last time! All the excuses in the world I could give you why I went back...but the truth is I didnt want to quit badly enough. This time....I want to quit, I have to eat, I will quit! I do need support. My husband is a smoker and he is making the committment to quit as well. I hope I can count on the support my husband and I both need from each of you! Send me your tips...your sites on the internet that has helped you...your stories of struggle and achievements!! I want it all! Thanks in advance for all that yu can give me....My quit date is Dec 29th....help me be strong!
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

I am not an ex - yet. 12/31/08 @9am I am going to hypnosis. I have a good plan, but have some questions to, that I hope some of you kind people would possibly be able to help with.

I went without a cigarette for 4 hours on the Great American Smoke out.

But, i noticed after the first couple of hours, other than general agitation I felt light headed, even tho' I had eaten breakfast.

Does anyone have any suggestions to combat that feeling? Will meditating and breathing help with that?

Thank you!!!!
0 Kudos

HELLO ALL, I am an Ex. Have not smoked since 11 Nov. to 11 Dec. = one month plus some days. I used the patch for two weeks then accidently went cold turkey...I always wanted to go cold. I am one of those few that have a lot of advice but I also try and include info from mre sceintific sources...American Cancer Society, etc. Thank you.
0 Kudos

I AM AN EX-SMOKER. I NO LONGER SMOKE CIGARETTES!!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!!!

I quit on 12//30, at 10 pm. I love it!
0 Kudos

Dear Laurie Schaible, excellent and good luck and good planning. The lightness of the brain from what I've read is more oxygen to the brain. You might ned to just bear it or talk to a doctor. Well done.
0 Kudos
susan52

I am an Ex-Smoker. I smoked my last cigarette on January 31 at 10:00 PM. I have been smoke-free since. SMOKING IS NOT AN OPTION anymore!
0 Kudos
lauren22

It's been almost 1 yr since I quit and let me tell you it gets soo much easier! Day by day being a non-smoker feels better and better. Plus you won't/don't want to go back more and more! Keep up the good work everyone! Stay quit! Stay strong! Stay healthy!!!!
0 Kudos
meagan2

My last cigarette was @ 11:45PM on Dec. 31st 2008 and I haven't even had ONE drag in 2009! I haven't caved on a single craving I've had. I feel like I'm doing really well but I have been eating more. I've been trying to pop a piece of gum anytime I feel hungry or a craving. But I find myself snacking on chips and candy. I'm really nervous about gaining weight and that has been one of the reasons I've put off quiting before. If anyone has any advice on how they stayed physically healthy I would love to hear it!
0 Kudos