cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Dcarmon

Struggling

Struggling to stay an EX. Temper and cravings at its highest so far.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
elvan

Dcarmon  How are you doing?  PLEASE REMEMBER that smoking doesn't fix anything...I remember being angry at people or situations and I remember sitting outside and smoking...puffing away as fast as I could and visualizing whatever or whoever I was angry with...incinerating.  Never happened.  Know what DID happen...my lungs took all of the brunt of my anger and now I live with that damage, every day, every minute of every day, no crave is going to kill you, no one can say the same thing about cigarettes and, you know what?  It is okay to be angry...punch a pillow, yell into the pillow, do jumping jacks, wear yourself out physically, it is amazing how weak anger really is.  No crave will last forever (even though it seems like it might) and no crave will cause permanent damage.  Remember that!  You can do this!

Best,

Ellen

Dcarmon

Thanks Evan for the advice

0 Kudos
Fee33

Day 4 today an you know what I did so I don't crave cigarettes I cleaned my entire house up like mopping sweeping vacuumed etc. Andthat wasn't enough because I kept wanting to smoke I washe my walls down an then cooked a full meal supper redbeans n rice baked BBQ chicken and ranch bacon salad and then devil eggs I just stayed so busy I don't think of picking up cigarettes I'm only on day 4 too I quit September 24th and still counting days I pray alot too not to be religious but I pray an read alot of my Bible when I crave cigarettes keep going your strong I am new here an I already like everyone I spoke too on here thank you for letting me share. Keep up the good work that craving will subside eat a lemon r drink pickle juice. Good luck praying for you!!! 

Dcarmon

This is for all of the advice. THANK YOU.For me it is getting better. This is the most supportive group around. Again thank you.

Fee33

I'm struggling myself not gonna lie I'm on day 4 it's gonna get better I keep telling myself it's hard I know but we can do this!!  

0 Kudos
Giulia

Trust us - it's worth the effort.  Really it is!

elvan

Feeling better?  Remember, anger is okay, we really do NOT have to stuff all of our feelings...we get to GROW.

Ellen